“Superb Staff antod centrally located” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis East

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #128 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Liberty, Missouri
“Superb Staff antod centrally located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks and I am here to tell you, whether you are traveling to downtown Indy or out to the South Side this hotel is centrally located. 12 minutes to downtown, 7 minutes to the South, right off 2 major highways. There are not alot of food choices where this hotel is, but no matter the part of city you are in - you can grab something before you head to the hotel. Very nice continental breakfast each day, and I cannot say enough nice things about the staff. Very attentive, went out of there way to make me feel comfortable. Do not judge this one by the area when you drive up, go inside, you will be pleasantly surprised. I can say on the weekends this hotel seems to be a sell out. Parking is well lit, and I felt safe there going in and out in the evenings. Only drawback to this hotel is the bathroom lighting. It just does not seem to be very bright. Maybe they just need higher wattage bulbs - I just removed the cover over the light, that is over the sink and it was much better. I would def stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stopped here to attend Grand Prix Swim Meet which was held at the Nat downtown. I thought that it would be too far out for convenience but it was easy to hop expressway and zip to downtown area. The staff were friendly and helpful and our room was very quiet. The plus was that the room was very dark which we both prefer. Breakfast was fine, not fancy but had a waffle maker which was a treat for me.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Findlay, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with easy access to the interstate which it makes it convenient to downtown. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and clean. The pool can use more seating and towels, but to be fair the hotel was very busy the night we were there. The only negative is that the eggs were terrible. Eggs are my sons favorite food and he absolutely would not eat them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We were just in Indy for a dance competition and stayed here as it was close to where our event was taking place. Since I am not familiar with the Indy area, I can't attest as to whether it is located in a "good" or "bad" neighborhood. I can tell you that it is located right off the interstate and there are other hotels in the vicinity. The check-in process was smooth, all staff friendly, courteous, and accommodating. Our room on the third floor was very clean, had a refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen tv. The beds were very comfortable.
The continental breakfast had a very good variety of items and everything we had was fresh. In addition, they serve coffee all-day long. Although Bob Evans is the closest restaurant, the highway it's on has a Wendy's, Subway, all the usual suspects within a mile or two. In addition, any basic GPS will show you the restaurants that are nearby - Texas Roadhouse, Red Lobster, etc. They may not be 5-star celebrity-chef restaurants, but they are an alternative to fast-food.
I would stay here again

Room Tip: I rated Kids activities Average only because N/A was not available but I don't think they had an...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

After reading some of the reviews below I now see why I was treated the way I was. I later found out it is a franchised location so you'll never get the same Hilton level of service. It stands to reason if it is smelly, nasty with bedbugs and in "the hood", management would strong arm you into keeping a reservation with them.
My story, I flew in this week from CA, instead of the using red eye on Sunday I chose to fly in all day on Monday and arrived a 1:30AM. It had snowed; there was only one lane which hadn't quite iced over (passable). No salt trucks out just sparced traffic, slow white knuckling 30 + miles to the North End. I got lost, yes even with GPS (those of us who have worked in INDY know that it not quite right). I stopped on 82nd St. and Shadeland near the Hilton I'd stayed at the week before, behold a Hampton Inn near across the street. At the front desk called this location to get help with directions. The person at the front desk admitted she was not good with directions. I ask her to change my reservation to the location I was currently calling from and she said she could not because they are not affiliated. By this time it is 2:17AM. She said if I didn't come check in she would leave a note for the gen’l manager but there was no guarantee she would not charge me for the room anyway. I explained to her I was lost, the streets are bad, GPS is off. She seemed unyielding so since this is corp. travel I cannot have anything like this on my expense report. (fees and the likes) I will try again. I left location at 82nd and Shadeland got back on 465 tried again. After another 45mins I called this location again from a very bad neighborhood (gas station) people hangin out...scary for a female at this time of the AM. I told employee (who never give their names, call now you'll see what I mean), I told her I tried, please do leave the note for your GM "Christy", I am afraid and I trust she will understand, if not I will have to deal with it later but, I have got to get back to safety. I went back to the other location on 82nd and finally checked in at 3:23AM so I did give it the old college try. Well, I got charged for the room anyway. I have called “Christy” every other day since and she has yet to return my call. Today, I finally turned it over to the credit card company to handle since she does not know the difference between a no show and a life threatening situation or inclement weather conditions which both impeded my ability to check into their lovely establishment. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Never again. From now on I will drive the area the week prior, if it is seedy no way… but who can predict bed bugs and nasty customer service? I'm telling you don't trust your corporate website alone. Take a look at reviews first, drive the location, and then decide. I work for a major corp. and travel weekly. I have never experienced anything like this before and I will certainly let corp. business affairs know they should consider removing this location from the contract negotiated/preferred hotel list. Negotiating a lower rate is one thing, placing employees in harms way of getting killed in a drug infested area is quite another.

Room Tip: Rooms located on a different (corporate) property.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Hawkins C

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

rochester, ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

The good news is that this Hampton is out of the frenzy of Indianapolis and the staff is very accommodating. The bad news is that the rooms are smaller and much less well appointed than comparably rated Hamptons, the neighborhood is sketchy and the best choice for a meal nearby was Bob Evans. For this, even with our AAA discount, we paid more than other 3*** Hamptons. We expect better from the chain - and this is the first time in our three years of being Gold HH members that we've been disappointed. The lesson - check hotel site and neighborhood offerings more carefully.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rockaway Beach, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

We found out on Thursday that a car we wanted was in but only thing was it was 808 miles from home. After doing Mapquest we figured out that Indianapolis, IN would be the closest stop for us. When we stopped and checked in I signed the papers and then went to finish my unloading the car. when we laid down on the bed it was like I melted into the bed and fell asleep instantly. I haven't sleep well for months due to medical reasons and now I slept 7 hours straight through. zzzzzz. We both said if we go to stay again it would definately be at the Hampton Inn because of comfort and polite staff at the desk and breakfast was overwelming with the huge selection. We are staying at another tonight now.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple