“Happy with Hampton”

Ranked #132 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
La Porte. IN
“Happy with Hampton”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Our family stayed in two rooms for three nights in August, 2011. We chose this hotel because we like the Hampton Inn properties. Check in was smooth and welcoming--a good first impression. The rooms seemed smaller than other HI's. Both rooms had a fridge and a microwave oven. The beds were very comfortable with three pillows on each bed and a wonderful duvet. There was a closet and a desk with a comfortable chair. The bathroom was small, but there was plenty of storage space below the sink. Water pressure in the shower was good and the water was hot. The fitness room had four pieces of equipment, but I never had to share the room with anyone else. The pool and hot tub are inside, so the room was very warm. HI's include breakfast in the cost of the room, and there was a nice choice of foods, including a hot egg dish, boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, dry cereals, oatmeal, make your own waffles and assorted breads. There was also a choice of juices and great coffee. The only problem with breakfast was a lack of seating. There were four tables for two people each, and a larger, taller table which would seat seven or eight. I don't believe there is room for more tables, but it is disheartening to come for breakfast and there is no place to sit. There is a Bob Evans Restaurant across the parking lot from the hotel, which was very helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Harrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night on our way back to PA from a vacation in MO. Upon arrival, I was greated by a very polite and helpful front desk attendant. She gave us 1st floor due to the fact we were traveling w/ children.
The room was a bit smaller than what I remember Hampton Inn's to offer, but it was very nice and clean. The flat screen was nice, but it appears the cable service is stadard definition negating the use of a widescreen. Free internet service is expected nowadays and appreciated.
The breakfast was service was what I would expect. Nothing like you get at an Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden, but it was a nice light breakfast. The breakfast attendant was very polite and attentative to the food and guests. My only complaint would be the total lack of seating. There are about 5 or 6 tables (only one of which is a larger table for a large family). There were people who came for breakfast with no place to sit. The larger table is not suitable for kids because it is very high.
Overall a fine hotel. Nothing spectacular, but worth the money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank joepa722
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Me and several other members were in town attending a CHristian Education conference. My car was broken into while it was parked on the FRONT of the HOTEL PARKING LOT. MY DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW WAS SMASHED IN AND MY LAPTOP WAS STOLEN SO WAS MY BIBLE, WALLET, AND OTHER PERSONAL ITEMS. I asked to see the surveilience tape and was told by HAMPTON INN STAFF that the cameras didnt cover that part of the FRONT. I called the police only to have no one come out take pictures, fingerprints, etc. I was aked a few questions on the phone and was told "Sorry for the inconvenience". WARNING THIS HOTEL IS LOCATED NEXT TO THE PROBATION/PAROLE OFFICE. DO NOT STAY HERE. YOU WILL REGRET IT. TRUST ME I DID.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We picked the hotel because of the location. We were headed back east. We received help with directions to the hotel and to our dinner location. The hotel was quiet. Well maintained.

• Stayed June 2011
Elk Grove
Reviewed March 7, 2011

1. Room door was hung off center so there was a gap between the door and frame you could see through. But they attempted so solve the problem with weather stripping.
2. In room Ethernet cable was broken , and looked like it had been for a while.
3. Wireless Internet speeds were 24 KBS down and 3 KBS up. I might as well have used the post office to send mail.
4. Their high def flat screen tv was nice. Their standard def cable service combined with their signal loss resulted in a lot of distortion and plain old fashioned "snow".
5. The bed wasn't the worst, but it wasn't the super comfort mattress they advertised.
6. The breakfast buffet was a waisted trip. Watery sausage gravy with no sausage in it. No orange juice. They were out of waffle batter. The seating area is right by the front door so you get a healthy blast of cold air (in the winter) every time it opens.

But when I mentioned these things at checkout I was told "I'm sorry", but they just shrugged when I mentioned their "satisfaction guarantee"!

• Stayed February 2011
Indiana
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My family of 8 and I needed a place to stay while our home was under construction from a recent house fire.
Management and Staff where very kind and courteous and always made sure we had what we needed. Management and staff went above and beyond what was needed everyone was very helpful.

We where there for 2 months and we where comfortable and feel we had everything we needed.

Thanks Again To All Hampton Inn Management and Staff
Great Work!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I needed a room for one night while driving east. My destination was Richmond, IN, but the hotels in Richmond are considerably more expensive than Indianapolis. I also chose the east side of Indianapolis so I could avoid morning traffic when I left. There are lots of hotel choices around the I-70/I-465 interchange, and normally I would have shopped for the lowest rate, except this time I needed to stay at a Hilton property to maintain some rewards program privileges. Of the Hilton brands in the area, the Hampton East was the least expensive, although after all taxes, the stay was close to $100.

All that said, I enjoyed my stay. The hotel looks to be fairly new. Everything looked great. The lobby is inviting. The desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

My room was on the second floor. It had a king bed, couch (probably a sleeper, but I didn't check), TV, desk, refrigerator and microwave. The hotel provides free Internet access (wired and wireless), which also worked very well. The bathroom was clean and in fine shape. There was plenty of room to move around.

Rooms face a main road (overlooking a Bob Evans restaurant) or a large parking area. The area was quiet at night. There are also several restaurants in the area ranging from fast food to family restaurants.

The hotel includes breakfast with the room. There were cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, mini cheese omelets, potatoes, juice and coffee. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked.

There is also an indoor pool, which looked inviting, but I did not swim.

Overall, the Hampton East was a pleasant stay. It's not the cheapest in the area, but it is still a good value. I would stay here again. (CS)

BTW, there is a GFS Marketplace across the street. This is a restaurant supply company that maintains retail outlets that are open to the public. It's worth looking around if you need kitchen supplies or some interesting food items.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple