Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton
Ranked #40 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Novi, MI
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Rooms are nicely furnished and clean. The traffic noise on the side farthest from the freeway isn't bad at night (a bit loud during the day). However, I actually slept well (and I am a very light sleeper). The pool is large but I never had a chance to use it. There is no hot tub. They have free popcorn some evenings, but it disappears early, so it is easy to miss it. You could find fresh fruit in the breakfast area all day long as well as the usual free coffee and tea in the lobby.

Breakfast wasn't as good as it is in some other Hampton Inns. There are two waffle makers and those worked fine. The scrambled eggs, however, were poured into the container from a large plastic bag and appeared to have been frozen and cooked in the bag. They were really crumbly and not so great. The cheese omlettes were rubbery. They had a smaller than usual selection of bread and muffins. The oatmeal was good. The fresh fruit was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I always enjoy the Hampton Inn. During a recent trip to Indianapolis, the Hampton Inn once again proved why it is the best buy for my dollar. Friendly staff, clean rooms and a good complimentary breakfast made my trip easy and enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Bellingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

After an all-day music festival, I just didn't have the energy to make the two-hour drive back to where I was staying with family, so I found the address of the closest Hampton Inn to my location and was pleased to find that they had available rooms. I quickly went to the hotel and checked in. The Hampton experience was in full effect, from the warm welcome I received as a HiltonHonors member to the clean, quiet room in which I stayed, to the delicious breakfast the next morning. If you're going to be on the northeast side of Indianapolis and need a place to stay, I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Charleston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hampton Inn has been a "constant" in our travels within the US. Always clean and fresh and usually a good hot breakfast. This time we had a few hiccups. To their credit, everything was eventually made right, but having things "not as expected" hadn't happened in the past. We hope to see Hampton Inn (especially this one) return to its past high performance level.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The room was nice and clean. However, this hotel has a serious noise issue. Both the AC unit and the interstate traffic are very disturbing. I checked into my room at 3pm and immediately realized I would not be able to sleep that night with the interstate traffic outside. I returned to the front desk and asked for a room on the other side. They said there were none available. I accepted my fate only to find out that friends that checked in two hours later were given a room on the other side without even asking for it. Obviously they just didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork. They called after I checked in to see how my room was and I said "loud". They asked if everything else was OK and I said yes. The next morning at checkout they asked me how my stay was and I said "loud". I told them I had asked to be moved, but they refused. They said that was because they were "sold out". So, if you are hard of hearing, this hotel will be fine. If you are working and need some sleep, I would look elsewhere. I am a big Hampton Inn fan, but this one let me down.

Room Tip: Stay away from the interstate side!
Ortonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hampton has become my favorite...ALWAYS a quality STAY!! I travel quite a bit, and can always count on Hampton to be consistent. I have stay at Hampton in many cities, and have never been disappointed. I have my favorites, but I have yet to find one I "don't like". Staff is always friendly and helpful, and I have never had to complain.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Closer to the interstate than I expected, older than I expected.... I was skeptical. Hmmf. That'll teach me to judge a book by it's cover.
Absolutely friendly, helpful staff - all seemed happy to have me staying at their hotel. Everyone greeted me and asked how my stay was.
Rooms are updated and clean and housekeeping service is swift, efficient and detail-oriented.

The location is just fantastic - easy to get to and easy to use as a starting off point for other locations. I had clients in different parts of the Indianapolis area and this location made it easy to get everywhere. There are plenty of shopping and restaurant options nearby and the hotel will happily give directions.

When unpacking my luggage, I found my favorite necklace in two pieces. I called the front desk to ask for a tool to use and she offered to send a maintenance employee with the tool. Not only did he arrive quickly with a small tool kit, but offered to do the repair for me! He did an excellent job and my outfit was saved.

Every time I left, the staff wished me a pleasant day and when I returned, they welcomed me back.
While I didn't use the pool, it looked appealing - water looked clean, towels were well stocked and there was plenty of seating.
My room on the 3rd floor was quiet and I had a lovely view of trees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
#75 of 178 in Indianapolis
Suburban Extended Stay Northeast
Suburban Extended Stay Northeast
#117 of 178 in Indianapolis
Extended Stay America - Indianap...
#114 of 178 in Indianapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton? Share your experiences!