“Tiny rooms just don't cut it anymore!”

Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton
Ranked #38 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I travel a lot over the summer with kids for sports. These rooms were the smallest of the summer and the set up is not good for more than two people. We had three in the room, me, one teen son, one ten year old. Beds are full size not queen and that makes a difference. Bath is all one room without a separate vanity area. One more inconvenience for a non business traveler. Room is narrow with little space at the end of the beds between tv stand. Limited storage for clothing items. Desk set up was nice with interesting lighting. Lots of plugs for personal electronics in the room. Breakfast average. Pool indoor. No laundry facility. Good location near highway but a little noisy at night. Tons of restaurants and shops nearby. Rooms clean and updated. If you need space go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I try and stay at Hampton Inns when I travel because of good experiences. This one was no exception. Brittney or Bethany (sorry I can't recall her name) and Ben helped check me in and did a great job. We actually talked some about Trip Advisor and the benefits that I derive from it when traveling.

The room was clean--very clean actually (which is always nice) and they put me on the wing away from the freeway. I've never stayed here so didn't know there might be a difference. The room was quiet and the property was easy to maneuver as well. The AC was working hard all night but when I checked in it was 103 so I'll give it a break.

The bottle of water and Oreos in the room were a nice touch. I checked in at the last moment so I don't think this had anything to do with my Hilton Honors status (unless they have so many rooms put aside for members).

Good experience and the next time I'm passing through I'll stop again. I would also recommend Charleston's for dinner which is located right next door.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my two kids when we tagged along on a business trip with my husband. The hotel was an average Hampton Inn. Rooms were clean and breakfast was included. Noise was not a problem when we stayed, even though the hotel was booked by 2 sets of high school groups in town for baseball and a robotics competition. We were given a room down a very small wing, so this is likely what kept the noise down. Ask for rooms 230-235, 330-335, or 430-435 if noise is an issue for you. Other parts of the hotel seemed noisy when we were walking around.

Breakfast was included, with a good variety. There was always a long line for the one waffle maker.

The pool was standard. Went to a depth of 5 feet.

If I had to summarize, I'd say the hotel was what you'd expect at a Hampton Inn with no nasty surprises. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed there this week and nice and friendly, rooms clean, lots of parking, nice indoor pool, nice breakfast. In essence the perfect business travelers hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool or away from the hiway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderful response. We look forward to having you back anytime.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just needed a room for the Sat of Memorial Weekend so we could get to the Indy 500 before the crowds. Most hotels in town required a 2-3 night stay during that weekend so we were thrilled to find this hotel would give us a room for a one night stay. The hotel is in one of our favorite areas (Castleton), convenient to great shopping and restaurants. It sits in between I-65 and I-465 which makes it convenient for everything but sleeping. The highway noises were so loud!!!! The rooms also had outdated individual airconditioning units that were extremely noisy. I would have expected noise from race revelers but they were quiet.

The bed was okay and the breakfast average. Not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for my hotel. I'm sorry you experienced the noise issues while you were here. We are aware that a few of our AC units do make a loud noise and we are in the process of getting those corrected. Having a hotel close to the highway does present challenges from time to time in regards to noise from the highway but we do try and honor all requests as far as room location. If you are a Hilton Honor member I would suggest going to your profile under preferences and selecting "away from highway" for any future stays you may have at any Hilton properties. Again, thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and we do hope you will come back and give us try in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My son and I stayed at the hotel for a soccer tournament. The room was fairly clean and property was in reasonable shape. The breakfast was standard for Hampton and was included in the price (although we hit the Le Peep across the street one morning). Free Wifi as well for all devices that connect to the network. A few issues kept this from a 4-star rating. The three issues we experienced during our stay was that the ice machine did not work on our floor Fri-Sat-Sun, the maids did not come to our room other than to drop off towels (we were thre Sat morning until 10 a.m. but no one came while we were out to tidy up) and the biggest issue was the adjoining room. The sounds form the other room carried like the door was open when it was closed. You could hear everything in the other room so that made sleeping an issue when the other patrons were up late or got up early. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel good overall (3.5 stars if I could give 1/2 stars) with the exception of the three issues. I would stay here again as it is very convenient in terms of location to a lot of local attractions and the rooms were clean and spacious just dont get a room with an adjoining door.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with an adjoining door if you dont know the neighbors. Sounds pass very easily th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review of the Hampton Inn Castleton. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but did want to apologize for the couple of issues you encountered. Although I love hearing positive feedback about this hotel I also appreciate feedback that allows my team and I areas to improve. We will certainly address the housekeeping issue and the noise complaints that you experienced an improve upon that in the future.

Thank you again for posting your review online and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Bill Cherry
Hampton Inn Castleton/NE
317.576.0220

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed here during Super Bowl weekend in Indy. The hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the location was easy to get in and out of. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area on business.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you very much for the great review and I hope you had a great time in Indy for the Superbowl.