“Clean and comfy”

Ranked #39 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Hobart, Indiana
“Clean and comfy”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here several times recently and have not been disappointed. Staff is friendly and helpful, decent breakfast, nice pool and very clean rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much and we look forward to having you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for four nights for business and was quite comfortable. It's your standard Hampton Inn, with a nice indoor pool. The location was convenient to hospital, shopping, and dining. If I were in the area again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for my hotel. We hope to see you back in this area soon.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff was very professional Internet was great! Breakfast awesome! Hotel is located in great neighborhood. We will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
new haven, ct
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here while visiting colleges in the area. The hotel is well kept and the staff is wonderful. Would happily stay her again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2011

To begin with, I booked two rooms, one king and one queen, non-smoking. The first night was uneventful but the next morning I noticed my air conditioner not working and it started to smell HOT. I called the front desk and they immediately sent someone to check it out. I was offered another room with a King upgrade. That was ok, no problem but that evening the fire alarms went off and a lot of us staying didn't know what that sound was. We immediately ran out into the parking lot where the fire truck and fireman were trying to put out a smoldering fire in the mulch. The next morning I rode down in the elevator with a couple that said, earlier in the day, the day before (same day as the smoldering fire) a fire truck was called to the hotel because the elevator seemed a little hot. When we left on Monday, the fire alarms went off again for the third time but we are not sure what happened. So unexpected, not staying there again. Rooms were very clean however. It was just the 3 times the fire alarms went off, was a little much.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Windsor05
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Those were an eventful couple of days and I am very sorry it affected your stay. There was indeed a small fire that occured outside next to the building but , as always, when anything like this happens we have to put the safety of our guests and employees first.

I understand you having concerns about coming back to this hotel but we would love another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

Indiana
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We selected this hotel on our way home from Tennessee due to the fact that it was a Hampton. This hotel was updated but I guess they didn't think about the sheets. I took pictures of the torn sheets and showed them to the front desk person when we checked out. It did not seem to bother her at all. I then emailed the pictures etc to the GM who never responded to my email. I must say this is disappointing and not what I have experienced at other Hampton locations.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
First off, as GM, I would like to apologize to you. I do not recall getting these pictures as I would have reached out to you regarding the issues with the sheets. Although I was fairly new to this property at the time we did have these issues arise from time to time. This issue with the linen has been resolved since then and we are always very aware of any linens we put into any room.

Again, very sorry that you did not get the proper response at check out and from me personally.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel is close to the shops & restaurants in the Castleton area. The staff wasn't particularly friendly upon check-in, and the pool is rather small, but the rooms are updated and clean. We slept well, but my husband's complaint was that we have better TV at home. The flat screens aren't high def and the channels are limited. The free breakfast is a nice touch, but I'd rather pay for better quality -- the fruit salad was canned and there was no real half & half, just the small creamers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this review. I understand the frustration of not having HD and we were actually in the process of the upgrade during this time. For future travels you should know that all Hampton Inns had the HD upgrade by the end of 2011.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis
#76 of 182 in Indianapolis
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
Courtyard Indianapolis Castleton
#81 of 182 in Indianapolis
Red Roof Inn Indianapolis - Cast...
#100 of 182 in Indianapolis
Quality Inn of Indy Castleton
Quality Inn of Indy Castleton
#88 of 182 in Indianapolis

Been to Hampton Inn Indianapolis - NE / Castleton? Share your experiences!