I stayed here for a wedding in Fishers with a group of friends that had never been to Indianapolis prior to this wedding. I suggested we stay downtown and not in Fishers (nothing against Fishers) since there is more to do within walking distance (i.e. no need to worry about designated drivers the night before the wedding).
We didn't arrive until 12:40 a.m. and the man working the front desk was very efficient in getting me my keys, etc. for my room. I had already checked-in via the phone since I was originally schedule to arrive eight hours earlier but did not because of a canceled flight from Detroit. So everything was already to go for us to stay on the 16th floor.
The room was very nice and the living room and bedroom each have ~32" LCD televisions that do in fact feature HD channels (not just the over-the-air variety (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX), but your cable channels such as ESPN. This sure helped me from having to find a bar that carried HD channels to watch the FIFA World Cup. Not that its a huge problem to find ABC in HD, but it was nice to have to watch USA/England while getting ready for the wedding. I'm kind of an HD snob...
The beds were comfortable and one of my friends insisted on passing out on the couch and claimed it was comfortable (I tried to explain that it does fold out into a bed, he said he was content with the traditional couch-passout method).
There is a sink in the bedroom in addition to the sink in the bathroom. The living room features an empty mini-fridge with another sink.
The rooms block the sound from the atrium well. You couldn't hear anything from the outside or our neighbors. And hopefully they couldn't hear us while watching the World Cup.
The one problem I had with the room was the condition of the bathroom. The sink area was fine, but the tub looked like it was possibly under repair or soon to be under repair. I would disagree with previous reviews of the rooms (as a whole) looking tired because the rest of the room looked like it had recently been renovated... except for the tub/shower area.
The exercise room looked nice, but it was small. The business center is free to use (and free printers) and there is a pool as well. You need your room key to access all three. The lobby area is nice and the doorman is more than happy to store your bags for you if need be. The person working the front desk on my last night at 3:30 a.m., was nice to extend check-out for me until 1 p.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites