“Great place to enjoy Indianapolis!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #101 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Embassy Suites is walking distance to everything downtown, all of the finest restaurants and local brewpubs, sports and conference arenas. An Enjoyable staff and facility. IN the summer they offer a food truck court that we found both reasonably priced as well as delicious !!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quarterfest

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Picked ES as they have rooms to accommodate our family of 5. This one has wonderfully helpful staff but the rooms and other decor are showing some wear and tear. A few knobs off drawers, little rips in carpeting, cheap furnishings in the breakfast area all speak to the hotel needing a bit of a facelift.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We are locals (we live an hour from Indy), and we stay at Embassy Downtown Indy because it is walking distance to everything - venues, restaurants, shopping. The beds are super comfy and I always sleep well. The evening reception and hot breakfast buffet saves us money, so we stay here whenever we go for a weekend getaway. However, the parking fee as a guest is a bit ridiculous at $22 a day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Complete disappointment. Way to expensive for what you get. Room smelled so bad and was so dirty (soiled couch, mold on the walls, wall paper coming off,stained carpets) we called and asked to be moved. Later we found out some floors have been remodeled so our second room was much smaller but nicer. Later that night we took the kids to the pool to find 12 drunk adults with beer cans everywhere. Front desk did nothing about it nor did they seem to care at all. Took over an hour to deliver ice cream to room for kids and hotel was less then 80% full.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floors 9-14 they have been remodeled. Other floors are nasty.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank angela g
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that when you first arrived to our hotel you found an unpleasant odor in your room. I can assure you that this is this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and sincerely apologize for this. I especially would like to apologize if some of our guests were rowdy during your stay. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a comfortable and restful stay. I sincerely regret that we were not able to accomplish this during your visit and I will personally discuss this with our security team so that it does not occur again.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

There were some positive things about this hotel. The complimentary evening reception was great, as was the breakfast!
Our experience was ruined by a dirty room. Under one bed was a flashlight, a pen cap, a tag from some new socks, and 2 candy wrappers. Under (and next to) the other was a smashed up cookie. There were no washcloths to be found and one of the bath towels looked very suspicious. Ewww. I wiped down the whole place with antibacterial wipes. In the middle of the night there was tapping on the doors. i kept getting up to peek out and see if someone was at my door. First i heard it on one side of our room and then the other....on and on....until it sounded like someone threw a shoe...or was that me?
In the morning about 8 a.m. I heard the same tapping and this time it WAS at our door. It was housekeeping! Thank you very much for keeping me awake half the night and then waking me up in the morning.
Room keys did not work.
I really should have insisted we leave but it was just too much hassle.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trulike
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Although I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our complementary evening reception as well as our breakfast, I understand that you were not completely satisfied with your visit and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Over all stay was great! Having a suite was awesome! It was hard to regulate the heat in the room.....too hot, need another night to understand it. We could not check in before the Colts Game at 1 little disappointing but we really liked the room. Very nice we will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I chose the Embassy Suites because we are Hilton Honors members and because it was very convenient. We try to pick suite style hotels so that our kids can sleep in a room separate from us. My husband, 6 year old and 1 year old were just visiting for a night and exploring the city. We were disappointed upon arrival due to how difficult it was to unload and take the elevators/escalators.

When we unfolded the couch bed in our room, the sheet already on the mattress looked very wrinkled and dirty. We called housekeeping and they gave us another sheet. Then I noticed next to the king size bed there was a half piece of bacon and other food bits on the floor near the night stand. My son then pointed out a black sock under the extra chair in the room! We were pretty disgusted and would have asked to change rooms but at this point my kids were ready for bed. Housekeeping came immediately per our request and changed the bed sheets (we wanted them changed as we weren't sure if they were clean!) and picked up most of the food and sock. We were told we would only be charged for half the price of the room. We discovered the next day that the room was free, which we greatly appreciated.

We were glad that the employees were so responsive but disappointed that we had such an unpleasant experience in the room. We didn't expect a luxury resort, but general cleanliness is expected.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1Cbus_Mommy
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not completely satisfied and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you and your family experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests.