Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #100 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would start off by saying I got a good rate for this hotel stay. The parking garage was horrible to get into with my suv and I got it scratched up. It cost $22.00 to park. The room we got the door didn't want to open easily so you had to kick the bottom to get it to open. The wood future was scratched up and dingy. Bathroom door had to be forcefully shut to close. In the months of May and October you are not allowed air or heat. Its freezing out being 30 degrees and we were offered a space heater or more blankets instead of taking the hotel air off neutral. So, you pay to be comfortable yet you freeze in your room. Decor was very outdated. Cheep furniture with plasticy tabs to open. Pillows sunk in every time you put your head down so you needed three to feel like you had one decent one. Breakfast was just ok, not up to other Embassy Suites standards. The last of communication or greeting or someone to help with bags to check-in. Lets just say we will not be staying here again. Even for the rate I got.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The room was freezing, and a note on the thermostat stated that in October (and, I think, May) it's up to the hotel whether or not to provide heat in the rooms. We ended up running the hairdryer to make it tolerable while getting dressed. I could also clearly hear the normal volume conversation between the people in the room directly below. Literally sounded like there was a hole in the floor. Plus, the entire hotel is just ugly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. Please be assured that your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a comfortable stay. Your comments about the A/C unit will be addressed at our Maintenance Staff to resolve this immediately. In addition I understand that there were some disruptive noises you experienced from the guests next to your room. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of better soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider

Assistant General Manager

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After reading some of the reviews from this hotel I found our stay to be pretty pleasant. The location of the hotel was outstanding and the staff was great. The only problem we had is when you pay over 300.00 dollars a night for a room you should not have to pay 11.95 for internet every 24 hrs.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The free breakfast buffet was "ok". I didn't really care for the paper-thin bacon and the scrambled eggs. The hotel lobby and rooms were just not what I have come to expect from the Hilton chain of hotels. The place just looks like it's from the eighties....nothing really modern about it. The room was clean though. The whole place could use some interior decorating...especially considering the price point.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty and sincerely apologize if you found our properly to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. We are always listening to our guests!

Assistan General Managar

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here before, but never wrote a review. The hotel is on Washington which is right in the middle of things...near the circle. It is your standard Embassy Suites in terms of rooms, hotel layout and customer perks. The breakfast was OK...order some made to order eggs and a banana and you can't really go wrong. I passed on the cocktail hour both nights as I prefer not to get a hangover from 2 glasses of whatever generic vodka they pour.
Staff was friendly and helped with the few questions I had during my stay. Parking is self serve and $22 a day...not bad but I really don't like how you have to park, take the elevator down with your luggage, walk across the lot entrance, walk up stairs and then take an escalator to the front desk. They really should make a direct path on 3rd floor to avoid that, but that's probably not a fiscally prudent idea for he hotel.
I will continue to stay here if the Hilton, HGI or Conrad's rates are too high.
Also, it is attached to the Weber Grill and the hotel smells like a wonderful BBQ. If you like meat this beats any air freshener.

Room Tip: I was on 17 and had an OK view. Most ES rooms are exactly the same.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

from the sofa sleeper in half of the room that faces the hallway is extremely loud. you can hear everything that goes on on the first floor and every floor due to its wide open layout from the 1st to 20th floor. all the plates and silverware clanking together and people talking in the morning. every door that closes even on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Unless you want to stay in a room with cockroaches, I would suggest staying elsewhere. This is the worst Embassy Suites that I have ever seen. The pool was terrible, room service was terrible, breakfast was sub-par, manager's reception was lacking. The only thing that it has going for it is the location. But even then, the entrance to the hotel is awkward and difficult to get into- especially with small children.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I apologize if you found our room service to be lacking and our breakfast to be sup-par. The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Thank again you for your time and valued feedback.

Assistant General Manger