“Needs updating for the price”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #99 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked room as I had stayed there years before. Got upgraded to corner suite 17th floor. Room was dated carpet stained and smelled of smoke even though it is a non smoking hotel. Parking was 22.00 a night for self parking , they have you there because where else can you park downtown. The hotel is connected to the mall which is nice but so is the Conrad and there are other hotels close to the mall and dining.

Room Tip: Its just your preference, I prefer corners seems quieter there.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your room was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor. We are now a 100% non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you.

Brian Carey
Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I enjoyed my business stay at this hotel. The hot breakfast was very nice and the manager's reception was well stocked! Bringing in your bags is annoying as the entrance does not have convenient elevators. Also, the parking garage and car entrance is tiny and difficult to maneuver when there are a lot of vehicles.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here with teenage daughters for an overnight labor day weekend. Best location in Indy, right downtown connected by Arts Garden skywalk to the shopping mall and theatre. This is a great little city with good places to eat and walk and people watch at the monument circle and the capitol. The staff at the hotel was very friendly & helpful, despite a full house including several weddings, bridesmaids parties, and lots of kids. The facility itself is worn. It smells a little like motel air freshener when you walk in. The hot breakfast is good, but it got to be a madhouse around 9am. The rooms are rough from wear... cracked sink, stained tub, wobbling toilet etc. The pricey parking lot ($22/night) was totally full. And I just don't get why hotels still charge for internet. But for the location, convenience and price for a small suite downtown, I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Average hotel. Diamond members recieve nothing extra. Not even acknowledged that you were a Diamond member. Breakfast was not kept very clean or stocked. Good location. Gone downhill since my last stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a nice clean hotel suite plenty of room for my weekend wedding I attended. There was a free breakfast and evening coctail hour (unfortunately i didnt have time to partake in these amenities). The only problems I found which may impact your stay are the lack of control of the heat and ac. Secondly you have to pay for use of internet and parking in their garage which with the cost of the room seems greedy to me to ask for additional money for these services other places provide for free. Other than that I enjoyed my short stay in a nice suite

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff were friendly. The free breakfast included hot and cold food. The evening reception provided drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) along with snacks. The room was comfortable. The bathroom could use some work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services.Thank you again for your feedback

Brian Carey
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I like the Hotel but feel things are not as good as they used to be. The last time we stayed the hot tubs were very dirty and this time the breakfast choices had went down quite a bit. Have always enjoyed staying in the past but not as much the last two times. I feel the internet should be free also.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends