“Too Hot Hotel in Indy”

Ranked #88 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dayton, Ohio
“Too Hot Hotel in Indy”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hotel is nice, but average (hence score of 3) for an embassy suites.

Good - Location, clean, good breakfast, exceptional workout room equipment

Not so Good - Hotel rooms were miserably HOT, and the heat is either on or on from radiat hotel heat. There is no climate controll for cooling and we were forced to open door and window - even a Motel 6 has individual climate controll!!!
- Parking was very tight and $22 for a 12 hour stay
Would not stay again due to the miserable heat.

Room Tip: Don't stay during the heating season (Sep to May)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our property to be conveniently located and that you enjoyed our breakfast and fitness room. I do however want to personally apologize if your heating unit was not working properly. I sincerely apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way and I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew. I assure you that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take it into consideration to improve our property.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Assistant General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Good overall. Good service on check in. The suite that I stayed in could use a refresh, and the breakfast isn't what it used to be, but it's all passable. 3 of 5. The 200 character minimum for this review is annoying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read from your review that you experienced good service during your check-in. I do however understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated. I am so sorry that you found your suite dated and in need of a remodeling. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Niles, Michigan
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip and I loved the hotel. The staff is wonderful. It's close to the mall and some great restaurants. The only complaint I had was the cost of parking. Other than that I will definitely stay here again when I am in town.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The evening reception was much different than any other evening reception that I have experienced at other Embassy Suites. One of the reasons I choose the Embassy Suites is because of the evening receptions as well as other amenities offered.....I love love love the Embassy Suites....but I think it's unacceptable for the guest to have to stand in long lines to get a cocktail!! I suggest coming up with a better system. I noticed that there were 3 windows…..why not set up all 3 for the reception? Instead of just the one. After standing in line for so long I noticed people didn’t even tip the server……probably due to frustration.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friends and I decided to stay at this hotel because we would later be going out downtown to celebrate my friends 25th birthday. This chain is very welll know and with it being cold in Indy in March there were sooooooooooo many children. Of course the children were all there for the indoor pool, but it was a lot of them. The hotel is connected to the mall so you can leave your coat in the room.

The hotel was nice and the water pressure in the shower was AMAZING.

The other great thing is that there is free happy hour from 5:30pm-7:30pm....TALK ABOUT A PRE-GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The parking was $22 and the garage can be very confusing...but all in all I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get one of the corner rooms because they have a bigger living room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel to be conveniently located and that you enjoyed our water pressure and our complementary cocktail hour. I do however understand that you were unsatisfied with the parking charge. Parking prices in the area can be high, so we try to offer the lowest price possible for parking at our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and if there is anything I could further assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

Assistant General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed at nearly every hotel in the Indianapolis downtown area and the Emabassy Suites is one of the better choices. Bed was very comfortable, breakfast while being a no frills expereince is included. My room was very quiet, it was in a corner away from the elevator. Elevators were very fast, very little waiting if your on a top floor. Entrance to the hotel is tucked away which is not inconveinent but not appealing, parking is fine. Negatives, hot water in the shower seemed to run out quickly, and wireless access is not free. Cant understand why hotels continue to charge for in room wireless. All in all a safe place to stay, no surprises.

Room Tip: Request a room that is in one of the corners of the hotel except the corner with the ice and vending...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you like 80 degree rooms with coinstant heat blowing, this is your place.

Supposedly. 10-11 pm is Adult Quiet time in the Pool / SPa area ... it you like overactive kids and no supervision between 10-11, this is your place.

If you want to wait to get your bags handled by a Bell Hop, there was only (1) at check-in on a Satturday night ... this is your place

We had to change rooms (4) times on a romantic get-a-away, with no help from the desk on moving things. HUGE pain in the azz.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you want a hot room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ESManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Assistant General Manger

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels