Hotel was just ok. The location is great, but there are many other choices in the same vicinity.
One of the reasons I chose this hotel was the pool. The photos make it look bright and sunny, and much larger than it really is. In reality it was dark and gloomy and small. I realized that most downtown hotel pools are small but this just was not a nice pool. Maybe if it were a sunny day it would have been better but there is not much lighting is terrible. There are 2 hot tubs, but they are both tiny and they were only half filled. Neither of them work. The switches to turn them on have been removed. The water was hot but the they got a lot of use and because there was so little water and so many people, they can not be kept clean. The first day we were there, the water looked ok but the second day it was filthy and I would not let the kids get in them.
Managers reception is great, but crowded. Breakfast was good, but the line for the omeletts was way too long to wait in either morning. Because it was so busy when we were there, they ran out of item and dishes quickly.
The room: It was nice and clean, but it was extremelly hot. We had the heat off the entire time but it was always over 80. However, the shower was cold. Turned it all the way and it was warm enough (not hot) but it kept going cold for several seconds through out all of our showers.
Overall, it's just ok and I could have gotten a much better price at one of the neighboring hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Indianapolis Downtown hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to many Indianapolis attractions. The new Lucas Oil Stadium and Conseco Fieldhouse are both just blocks away from our downtown Indianapolis hotel. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just 6 miles from the hotel. Our all-suite, full-service, upscale accommodations offer the ideal choice for the business or leisure traveler. Guests stay in a spacious two-room suite complete with a refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker. Our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary manager's reception are served daily in our lush open air atrium. Unwind and refresh in our indoor pool, fitness center and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Embassy Suites