Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown
Ranked #86 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not great”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel was just ok. The location is great, but there are many other choices in the same vicinity.

One of the reasons I chose this hotel was the pool. The photos make it look bright and sunny, and much larger than it really is. In reality it was dark and gloomy and small. I realized that most downtown hotel pools are small but this just was not a nice pool. Maybe if it were a sunny day it would have been better but there is not much lighting is terrible. There are 2 hot tubs, but they are both tiny and they were only half filled. Neither of them work. The switches to turn them on have been removed. The water was hot but the they got a lot of use and because there was so little water and so many people, they can not be kept clean. The first day we were there, the water looked ok but the second day it was filthy and I would not let the kids get in them.

Managers reception is great, but crowded. Breakfast was good, but the line for the omeletts was way too long to wait in either morning. Because it was so busy when we were there, they ran out of item and dishes quickly.

The room: It was nice and clean, but it was extremelly hot. We had the heat off the entire time but it was always over 80. However, the shower was cold. Turned it all the way and it was warm enough (not hot) but it kept going cold for several seconds through out all of our showers.

Overall, it's just ok and I could have gotten a much better price at one of the neighboring hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ESManagementTeam, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel especially that we didn't live up to your expectations in regards to our pool and some of our other amenities. In addition, I apologize that you encountered some issues in your room. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Overall this is a nice hotel to stay at if you are planning on staying in downtown Indy.
* if you are planning to workout there is a nice clean gym. 2 elipticals 3 treadmills a bike and some free weights. The equipment was very nice with tv's attached and there are ear phones available at the front desk.
* complimentary breakfast in the mornings. It is very disorganized. There is a hot bar and then an omelette station. The food on the bar is luke warm and be prepared to wait a few minutes for an omelette. While we stayed at the hotel they ran out of plates and silverware often. I would have to say if it weren't for my husband wanting to take advantage of the free breakfast I would have skipped it and went to panara. Just too disorganized for me.
* there is a complimentary managers reception everyday from 5:30 - 7:30. We never made it to the reception but seen other guests carrying around drinks from it.
* parking is available at the hotel for $22 a night. So consider that into the price when booking.
* rooms are nice and clean. Bed is comfortable.
* my biggest complaint with the room was that you are not really able to control the temperature of the room. The thermostat will only allow you to run hot air in the winter and cold air in the summer. I like to sleep in a cool room and it was just too warm in the room. We kept the window open during the night just to keep comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Got the King bed room for 74.5 dollars through Hotwire.com. Great deal. Enjoy the free breakfast and happy hour. It worth the money. I will stay there again next time. It is really close to everywhere. You don't have to walk out and you can go to the mall. The location is perfect especially for winter time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
cincinnati
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here 12/22/12 with 4 teens. Excellent location for shopping, movie theater, restaurants all walking distance. Service friendly, lovely lobby and attentive staff. Convenient parking bit pricey. Stayed in a corner suite one of the renovated rooms nice size for a family. Holiday decorations very pretty. Used my HH points. Great deal!

Room Tip: Corner executive suite renovated floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I was in and out of this hotel so I will comment on what I actually used. Rooms were typical Embassy Suites style. Mine was renovated but I had some co-workers who were in the old ones and apparently they were pretty dirty. Managers reception was fine...nachos and other chips with drinks. Location was great for downtown. Overall good experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is a great location if you have meetings downtown or at IUPUI. You barely notice the hotel if you are driving because you will see the names of the Hyatt, Conrad Hilton, and JW Marriott before noticing this subtle gem in between those sites. Rooms are large, clean, and Breakfast choices are excellent. Staff was very helpful. Parking is on the site 20/day. Room price was reasonable for being there during Big Ten championship weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

.I'm not used to places this nice. I usually get all budget-minded and cheap out. However, this room was "awarded" to me as a bonus for taking this trip. AND IT WAS NICE!

I guess my first tip-off that I was not in my usual kind of room was that there were no plastic bags/liners in the trash cans. Then I had to run around the suite counting all the sinks and TVs. By now, my neck was feeling more and more red.

Okay, so very nice suite--you can't even call it a room because it's actually 3 rooms. The living room with wet bar, microwave, and fridge. Also an actual office chair at the computer desk. Yes, that's right. And a big a$$ flat panel TV with 40-sumpin' channels. A sofa bed and an easy chair with a big ol' ottoman.

Only then can you go through the actual door into the bedroom area. What's this--a sink in the granite-like counter top that can be used as a shaving area/make up table/dresser? Shewwwwwwwwwwwww! I ain't never such a thing in a bedroom before. And what's that up there--an even BIGGER flat panel TV that's even more HD than the one in the living room? Oh, and the other amenities like a king size bed, closets and chests, ironing board and iron. And a view of a small portion of Indianapolis. I mean, the view was okay, but there are so many tall buildings in the area that's pretty much all you can see.

And then there's the bathroom. 3rd sink, toilet, and bathtub. Now I guess I can finally get a complaint in here because the bath tub sloped quite a bit and it didn't have the non-slip stuff that is usually found in cheaper hotels. So you'd better be careful.

Oh, and the front door would stick. After sliding your card and turning the handle, you had to put your shoulder into it to get it open. I told the front desk and they said that they would send maintenance. They never came.

It was also nice that it was connected to several eateries and the mall. But then again we found the food everywhere we tried to be totally bland. But that's not the hotel's fault. Perhaps it's because I'm from south Louisiana and am used to lots of flavor and spices.

To sum it up, this place is way nicer than I usually get. And it may just have convinced me that I should pay the extra in the future to get such a nice room

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business