“This place needs attention.”

Comfort Inn & Suites N at Pyramids
Ranked #113 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dundas
“This place needs attention.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The price is reasonable.
We were not given the first floor as we requested, even though the rooms were booked by us several weeks ahead.
There were hairs in my bathtub--it had never been cleaned out. I had to clean it to use it.
The TV is new and nice. However a very poor choice of channels.
Breakfast was OK, typical motel fair.
Our party had 3 rooms. Out of the 3, one of the hair dryers worked. There was supposed to be free newspapers available in the lobby, but there were never any in the mornings when I went down there.
Not to say I would not stay there again, but I would definitely shop around first.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters. We told them one in the party was handicapped, and that first floor wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Southwest Virginia
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn North at the Pyramids a total of three night – two nights one week and one night a week later. During both of my stays I made my reservations through the choice website. When I checked in I was immediately recognized and greeted as a Choice Privilege’s Elite Member. In fact because of my elite status, this hotel upgraded me to a larger room which was an unexpected surprise. Every employee I encountered while staying at this hotel was great, they do customer service right. My room was very clean and well attended. The breakfast consisted of the usual cereals, pastries, coffee, and juice along with waffles, eggs and sausage patties. The breakfast area was well attended throughout the advertised hours. This hotel is located north of downtown Indianapolis but was an easy drive to all of the major attractions and only about 35-minutes from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This hotel is also located very close to a number or restaurants, a number are in walking distance. When I returned to the hotel a week later after my original two night stay, the employee that checked me in seemed to recognize me welcomed me back. All in all this is a very good hotel with a very friendly and profession staff. I will return to this hotel whenever I am in the Indianapolis area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The next time we're in Indy we'll definitely return to this place. The price is reasonable, the property is clean and perfectly maintained, the breakfast is fine, and the staff is polite and effective. The location is pretty quiet and it doesn't take long to get to the art museum or downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a very simple and nice hotel. I celebrated my 23rd birthday in Indianapolis and this was exactly what we needed. It was clean and comfortable and they allow pets for no additional charge. The free hot breakfast consisted of eggs and sausage (they were heavily processed and made me a little sick), overall great experience with this property.

Room Tip: There are alot of good places to eat in the area and they have a microwave and fridge in the room if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cayuga, Indiana
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I utilized this hotel several times while I was attending school in Indianapolis. Rooms were always clean, well maintained and quiet. Customer service was excellent as well. I can't review the breakfast or anything like that because I never had the extra time to partake of it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Peculiar, Missouri
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Average economy hotel.

Close to retail shops and restaurants, area felt fairly secure. Parking lot well-lit with plenty of space for cars, motorcycles, and light trucks. Exterior grounds presentable.

Check in seamless, staff friendly and polite. Carpeting in the hallways starting to show a traffic pattern with definite soiling accumulating in front of the doors to the rooms. No unpleasant smells, however.

Rooms average sized with typical amenities. The carpeting in my room exhibited several soiled areas, I did not walk around bare-footed. Several of the lighting fixtures were well-past their service life (tarnished, mechanical defects). Bedding clean and presentable. Password-protected WiFi with good throughput, cable connection available. Flat screen TV with a decent selection of channels. Bathroom reasonably clean with ample supply of towels.

High amount of plumbing noises from adjacent rooms overnight, lots of slamming doors in the early morning. Typical breakfast fare that was below average in selection and presentation.

Experienced no problems with check-out. Overall not a bad stay, but I will probably try another property next time I am in North Indy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very decent "economy" hotel. Roms are clean, public areas ample, good breakfast and a decent price. There is nothing spectacular and no suprises. You get exactly what you expect for this type of hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family