All reviewsadditional parkingroom was cleanwalking distancebankers life fieldhousefree breakfaststay there againan older hotellucas oil stadiumconvenient locationthe breakfast areaheliportconcertraceproximityconvention
Reviewed November 28, 2015 via mobile

- Night time staff member at the front desk would not get off the phone to answer a question.

- Fitness center treadmill was broken, water machine in center was awful, equipment was in poor condition.

- Parking was pretty lousy.

- I would not recommend to anyone or stay here again.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
Kevin O, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

We thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown,

Your feedback is crucial to us as we strive to excel in every aspect of your stay. We deeply apologize about the inconveniences in regards to the issues occured within the duration of your stay. Please do note, that we ensure to make sure that everyone has a pleasant stay at our property. In your situation, that was not the case, and we do give you our deepest apologies. We do hope to see you in the near future to show you that this stay was an exception, especially since we are undergoing renovations to make your stay more enjoyable. I do also want to inform you, that there was management changes to ensure these issues do not arise. If you do have any questions or concerns please do email me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.

Reviewed November 25, 2015

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel on two occasions and have made it our go-to hotel in Indianapolis. The accommodations are very comfortable and the breakfast is very good. Above all, the staff is the friendliest we have encountered in any stay at any brand of hotel. The location is very convenient and the major facilities in Indianapolis (convention center, sports, restaurant) are in easy walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown,

Your feedback is crucial to us as we strive to excel in every aspect of your stay. We are thrilled to hear that we have accommodated your stay. Our ultimate goal is to meet all of your expectations, as we want to satisfy you. I am thrilled to inform you that we are undergoing renovations to ensure future enjoyment. We do value your loyalty to the LaQuinta brand, as we hope to see you in the near future. If you do have any questions or concerns please do email me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.

Reviewed November 17, 2015

Close proximity to Lucas Oil Stadium where we had to be until late on a Friday and very early the next day. Very good accommodations and early breakfast so that we could be on time for the semi-finals of the BOA Championships. Would recommend to those looking for a clean, close, cheap place to stay if you're attending BOA.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed November 12, 2015

The elevator appears to have never been cleaned. Just is not clean. Could walk to convention center, but roads/sidewalks under construction and it is right on the edge of an area that felt deserted and unsafe at times in the evening for the last couple blocks. No restaurants less than 10-minute walk. Staff was friendly but that's about the only thing to recommend it. Parking was challenging and overfilled. Water does not get hot in the shower no matter how long you wait. Bed was comfortable but sheets had scary stains. I have stayed at other La Quinta's but I would avoid this one.

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled on business

We thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown,

Your feedback is crucial to us as we strive to excel in every aspect of your stay. We deeply apologize about the inconveniences in regards to the issues occured within the duration of your stay. Please do note, that we ensure to make sure that everyone has a pleasant stay at our property. In your situation, that was not the case, and we do give you our deepest apologies. We do hope to see you in the near future to show you that this stay was an exception, especially since we are undergoing renovations to make your stay more enjoyable. If you do have any questions or concerns please do email me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.

Reviewed November 10, 2015

Below is the email I sent to this hotel after I checked out:

I had noticed the ceiling around the light fixture above the shower was cracked and small pieces of it had fallen off. After I showered I noticed the light fixture above me was pouring with water. I immediately turned out the light and called the front desk. I was told maintenance would be up. They showed and told us the bath tub above us had overflowed-by this point the leaking had almost stopped but I did take a video of it for my own record. They wiped up the water and then opened the light fixture, wiped the light bulb dry-AND PLUGGED IT BACK IN! We were then told "no more water" and they were done.

I called the front desk again and spoke with the manager on duty and expressed that I was not comfortable staying in this room because we had water pouring out of a light fixture above our shower. Water and electricity=not good. I said this was extremely unsafe. She told me that it is an older building and that everything was extra insulated and this didn't provide a danger to me or anyone else. I suppose in addition to her lack of management skills she was an electrician on the side. It was unsafe. A fire hazard and a danger to anyone in that shower.

I was told there were no more rooms and my only option was that she could check me out! Like that was the end of the discussion. I was so shocked I told her I needed to talk to my husband-even though I has just run a marathon I figured we would just have no choice but to drive 2.5 hours back home because the hotel was offering nothing to help us. A couple of minutes later we were told there had been a cancellation and they could move us. This entire situation was so upsetting to me. I was exhausted and anxiety ridden because I know for a fact that this was an unsafe electrical situation. I cannot believe it was taken so lightly by maintenance and management. I won't be back, I won't suggest your hotel to anyone ever for a stay in the Indy area. Bad bad experience. Your manager should be ashamed of herself for the way she handled the situation as she blatantly ignored my safety and the safety of all the other hotel guests.

Room Tip: It doesn't say on the website that this is located 2 blocks from the Indy Helipad. LOUD!
Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenw878

We thank you for choosing the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown,

Your feedback is crucial to us as we strive to excel in every aspect of your stay. We deeply apologize about the inconveniences in regards to the issues occured within the duration of your stay. Please do note, that we ensure to make sure that everyone has a pleasant stay at our property. In your situation, that was not the case, and we do give you our deepest apologies. We do hope to see you in the near future to show you that this stay was an exception, especially since we are undergoing renovations to make your stay more enjoyable. I do want to inform you that we are under a new management team, and anything under that nature of the team with the duration of your stay is unacceptable. I do hope you reconsider and give us another chance in the upcoming future. If you do have any questions or concerns please do email me at gsmcwexpress@gmail.com.