“Comfortable Stay, Free Parking Close to Downtown” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #66 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Akron, Ohio
“Comfortable Stay, Free Parking Close to Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here over 2 nights while at a firefighters conference at the downtown conference center. At first, the outside of the motel seems a bit sketchy, but we had no issues at all walking to and from the conference late at night.

The room was typical size, and the bed was comfortable to sleep in - it was a king, which was another plus. No sign of bedbugs, which I always check for first thing. I could hear a lot of inside and outside noise from the room, which kept me from having a really good nights sleep. Room itself was very clean.

Breakfast was included and good, waffles, danishes, bagels, etc - perfect for a carb lover like me!

He staff was great, offered maps of restaurants and of the downtown area. They were also helpful with one of my coworkers who had a slow draining tub in his room.

A few cons - wifi is poor at best, don't depend on it to do much work, or to stay connected for long. I spent my second night trying to reconnect and finally gave up. My shower curtain was falling off the wall, and overall the all the room could use a good facelift.

Room Tip: I was in room 342, and one of the rooms by me had a door that would slam shut. I don't think th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

It was overall a pleasant experience staying at La Quinta. It was my first stay in this hotel and both me and my roommate liked it much. The Staff seemed very friendly and co-operative. The day we checked out, we left the luggage in their custody, left for business and then collected from them in the evening. Over all, it's great service for the price you pay in Indianapolis downtown area.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had made a reservation at this hotel for a particular room type and for some reason I was given a different room type. Because there was a big conference going on I couldn't get another room. Something must have gone wrong between the reservation system on the La Quinta page and their local system to mess it up. And I was RELYING on having that room.

Also, I don't know if it was just my room, but the bed really wasn't up to LQ standards. This has to be the worst mattress I've experience in a La Quinta hotel. I barely put a dent in it and I'm not exactly a lightweight. I may as well have slept on the floor.

That being said, the woman working the front desk was very nice and very apologetic for the situation. And I was very thankful for the card for the taxi with $5 flat rates downtown.

However, since the primary purpose of the room is to have a place to sleep, I wouldn't stay here again. My back is barely forgiving me for this mattress even now.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The bed was so comfortable. I slept great! The price difference from the convention center hotels made it a great deal to stay a reasonable walk away -- 15-20 minutes, and I always felt safe. The staff was quite helpful and friendly. And if I needed a cab, the hotel called for me and turnaround time was quick; the price of $5 to anywhere downtown was so reasonable. And the free parking saved so much more money. All in all, it was a good deal and I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

PORTAGE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I checked in on a weekday afternoon and was given my roomkey. First off, the elevator is super tiny. You can fit 2 people in there if they have no luggage. I went to my room only to find it was not yet cleaned from the previous occupant. I went back downstairs in the worlds smallest elevator and received another room key from the girl at the front desk. (Note: although this is a less than stellar review, the girl at the front desk was superb. She was friendly and did everything she could to help). I then went to my second room which was thankfully cleaned. I sat down at the desk to do some work and the chair fell over. I called the front desk (again) and she brought up another chair which worked fine. While she was in the room I asked how the climate controls worked as I could not figure it out. She said they were recently replaced and she wasnt sure. I gave it about 30 minutes but could not get the climate controls to heat or cool the room. At this point I went with the "3 strikes you are out" rule and left for another hotel. The girl at the front desk was very apologetic and understanding. Ive seen some good reviews here so maybe this is just my experience so take it for what its worth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business