“Glad I chose La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #75 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Glad I chose La Quinta”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The bed was so comfortable. I slept great! The price difference from the convention center hotels made it a great deal to stay a reasonable walk away -- 15-20 minutes, and I always felt safe. The staff was quite helpful and friendly. And if I needed a cab, the hotel called for me and turnaround time was quick; the price of $5 to anywhere downtown was so reasonable. And the free parking saved so much more money. All in all, it was a good deal and I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
PORTAGE
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I checked in on a weekday afternoon and was given my roomkey. First off, the elevator is super tiny. You can fit 2 people in there if they have no luggage. I went to my room only to find it was not yet cleaned from the previous occupant. I went back downstairs in the worlds smallest elevator and received another room key from the girl at the front desk. (Note: although this is a less than stellar review, the girl at the front desk was superb. She was friendly and did everything she could to help). I then went to my second room which was thankfully cleaned. I sat down at the desk to do some work and the chair fell over. I called the front desk (again) and she brought up another chair which worked fine. While she was in the room I asked how the climate controls worked as I could not figure it out. She said they were recently replaced and she wasnt sure. I gave it about 30 minutes but could not get the climate controls to heat or cool the room. At this point I went with the "3 strikes you are out" rule and left for another hotel. The girl at the front desk was very apologetic and understanding. Ive seen some good reviews here so maybe this is just my experience so take it for what its worth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for a convention in the downtown area. Management and service was excellent and gave great suggestions for how to get around. Would definitely stay here again. The room was clean and another great plus was the FREE parking, which is rare in downtown Indy (most places charge $20+ for parking.)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We enjoyed a great stay here, although we prefer different types of breakfast foods (fresh, not packaged/processed) so didn't partake of the free breakfast. Most notable was the friendly customer service and help with finding our way around town, great restaurant recommendations, etc. Thanks! We'd definitely stay again and just bring our own breakfast or go out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ALewisAcupuncture
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Several years ago I stayed here and it was a smoky, filthy, scary dump of a place. Swore I'd never stay there again. Recently, looking on-line, I saw the appearance of renovations to the place with some good reviews. The rooms were a good value and they offered free on-site parking. The renovations are of high quality, everything renovated, up to new hotel expectations for a mid-priced chain in a big city. What a huge change for the better ! Could have used more shower water pressure, but nice furnishings, TV, bath finishes, lobby and breakfast area. Good breakfast, biscuits and gravy, make-your-own Belgian waffles, fruits, etc. Could still use freshening on the exterior, and new development of housing and shops is underway on the surrounding blocks of parking lots. This is an up and coming part of Indy, a short walk to lots of attractions at half the price of other downtown hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very convenient. Within walking distance to pacers arena. Clean and would definitely stay there again. No problems finding our way around and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Also safe area. Breakfast was great. Thanks for the great stay. Will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends