Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton
$259
The Alexander(Indianapolis)
$179
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool and workout roomnice hotelconvenient locationwould stay here againfitness centera great staybeds were comfortablelobbycomputersmallrefrigerator
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice Hotel! Modern New Hotel! Morning Receptionist extremely helpful & nice! She printed maps to my events!!! Great place to stay.....
Hotel Tub a little gray but the rest of the room was beautiful!!!
Late Evening receptionist nice but not helpful...she kept saying she did not know anything to all my questions...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you like our newly renovated hotel. I was happy to hear that my staff was friendly and helpfull. We appreciate your business. We hope to see you back on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

When you arrive at a Courtyard, you have certain expectations. The Castleton Courtyard met my expectations with consistency you see at other locations. The staff was VERY friendly. I had breakfast (yogurt parfait and coffee) each morning and it was good and quick. My room was comfortable. They offer premium internet for a fee or free if you have Gold or better status. I will definitely return to this location next time I am in Indy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice review of the hotel. We appreciate your business. I am glad that you like the improvements that we have made to the hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel itself is very nice. It looks like it was recently renovated. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was spacious and clean. The location is good, located right off the highway and convenient to get where you are going. The reason why I ranked this low was because of the restaurant. They do not include free breakfast, you have to pay for it, which is fine, but for three people it cost almost $30. We were there for my son's sporting event, it began at 9am, and we were about 20 minutes away. We went down to the lobby restaurant at 7:30am. We placed our orders (3 sandwiches, most of the menu is pre-made sandwiches or similar). We were told that they had run out of one of the pre-made sandwiches and it would take a few minutes longer. We said that was fine, we would wait instead of ordering something else. There was a group of 3 elderly ladies in front of us that were told the same thing. At 8am, only my husband had been given his food, and 2 of the elderly ladies. Myself and the other elderly lady went to ask where the other 3 orders were. We were told they would be right up, they were working on making the sandwiches. At 8:25, I told the cashier I needed my money back or my food immediately. The sandwiches suddenly appeared for my son and I, and the elderly lady, however, all 3 of the croissants were burned. I said I just wanted our money back, but instead of doing what I asked, the girl just stood there and tried to talk me out of it, saying it would take even longer, she would have to call a manager, who wasn't there, etc. She knew we had to leave, because I kept telling her that for the hour we waited, and I felt like she was trying to take advantage of us instead of giving me and the elderly lady our refunds. Instead we were given burned food that couldn't even be eaten. We finally both told her just give us the food instead of the money back, but we needed it wrapped up to go because we had to leave immediately (the ladies were going to a conference). The cashier then decides, even though she had been arguing with us and not providing good service, that she should carefully wrap up the food and try to make it look pretty by putting it in a fancy box and trying to garnish it. It seemed like she was intentionally being slow to give us a hard time. We finally had to yell at her to just give us the food so we could leave and not be late to our son's sporting event. She still tried to delay it, but at that point, we really raised our voices and people started to look, so she just threw the sandwiches in a box. I was really mad about the way the whole thing was handled. The restaurant is more like a counter, similar to a Starbucks, that serves drinks and sandwiches, and is meant to be quick-service. We waited a whole hour for our food and paid a lot of money for it. Next time I will just go to McDonald's and get a non-burned breakfast for a 1/3 of the price and quick service.

Room Tip: Don't go to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca C

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad that you like the improvements that we made to the hotel. I was very sorry to hear about the experience that you had in our restaurant. I want to assure you that we pride ourselves on our quality of food and the exceptional service that we offer. Obviously this was not the case when you stayed with us. You should have received your money back without hesitation. I would like to speak with you about the incident, if you could give me a call. I appreciate your business and hope that you will give our hotel another try on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Patrick Durbin

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This location is about a block from Castleton Mall (for those who know the Indy area). It's right off the beltway - our GPS insisted it was on the other side, but our GPS has lost her marbles lately.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, which is really the main point of the stay.

The lobby is the Courtyard format. If you like to hang out in the lobby, this should be a big plus.

The things I look for:
Bed: really comfortable!
Water pressure: great!
Internet: free & fast.
No free breakfast, but there are a ton of restaurants within 5 minutes.

Would I stay here again? I think so - if you need to stay near Castleton, this is a fine selection.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indianapolis.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nicely renovated property with the new lobby and bistro design. I was able to get an upgrade for being a rewards member without any problems. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and except the lack of a free breakfast (like every other Marriott brand) I have no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Patrick D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. We appreciate your business. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indianapolis.