“Nothing fancy, but a good value for the price”
Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #29 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN
“Nothing fancy, but a good value for the price”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I found this Comfort Inn a decent-enough place to stay for a couple of days. It's not too far off the interstate (I-65 and Southport Road), near some varying restaurants (Carrabba's, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, Texas Roadhouse, Steak and Shake, Bob Evans, Wendys to name a few), and conveniently located for where we wanted to go. With our AAA discount, we got a suite for about $75 a night, a reasonable price. The term "suite" might be a little misleading; the bathroom is on one side as you come in the door, there is a not-too-big room with a small couch and chair, and a table where two can sit -- but only one has room to "work". Behind that is a decent size hotel bedroom. And as ours faced away from the interstate, it was relatively quiet.

Our suite was clean, but looked as if it wasn't "new" -- nothing bad, clean... but maybe due for a little updating. Our bathroom was also nice and clean -- which is a must when we're on the road!!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. And there is a small "breakfast" served from 5:30-9:30am. Again, nothing special -- but a good value for the price (free with a room rental).

I would recommend this location of the Comfort Inn chain; don't expect the Hilton, but for the money, it was a good place to stay for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the west, away from the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed 1 night in June, I booked the room because it was the cheapest of the Choice hotels in the area,(and I love Choice Hotes) but I should have paid the $20 more and drove 5 miles more to a different choice hotel. We walked into the hotel and the gal running the lobby was outside with what looked like her family, smoking and she was dressed in street clothes. We walked into our room and we should have just turned around and ran out, the windows were dirty, the carpet felt wet and the face plates that the cable wire and plug in were broke. The bathroom floor was sticky and there was mold on the wallpaper. I like all the rest should have read this web page before booking, I will do so from now on

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bove554503
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were just traveling thru staying one night. Every blanket on both beds had cigarette burns. The halls and room smelled musty. Would not stay again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mickey2go
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Why, oh why did I not read the reviews on Trip Advisor before we stopped here? Bad bad idea! My only sorry excuse is that it was late, we were tired, and it was cheap. OK - here goes with the details. The hotel has apparently recently converted to a non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately all they did to accomplish that was to put up a sign outside and supposedly no longer allow smoking in rooms. How they police that I have no idea. Our rooms reeked of smoke. They had not changed out the drapes, bedspreads, or super cleaned the carpets so obviously the smell remained. The bedspread on my bed had cigarette burns in it. The lighting was terrible. The bathroom fan came on automatically when you turned on the light. It was quite loud and rattled like mad. The carpet was dirty. The windows were dirty and screwed shut so you couldn't even open them to get some fresh air in.
The elevator had a plexiglas sheet over the control buttons which was cracked and broken in places. The button lights didn't all come on when you pushed them so it was hard to tell if the elevator was going to move or not. You just waited to feel some sort of movement.
The rooms on the side of the hotel we were on overlooked the brightly lit parking lot and were closer to the highway so you could hear the roaring noise all night. No sound insulation at all. If for some strange reason after you have read this review you still decide to stay here, at least ask for a room on the other side from the parking lot. Maybe (?) that will be better. No guarantees.
The lobby did look clean and the breakfast area was clean. The free breakfast was decent - typical free breakfast. I am still alive as I write this so things were apparently sanitary in the kitchen. There was free wireless available in the rooms as well as one computer in the lobby. The connection was on the slow side.
That's it. Take my advice - keep driving.

Room Tip: Avoid the parking lot side. Better yet - avoid the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Augcruiser
Indpls
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The king room was quite large. So large in fact you could hardly see the small tv across the room from the bed. It was a non smoking room that reeked of smoke. The old box tv set had perhaps the worst picture I have ever seen in a hotel. We watching an NBA game and you could not read the score even when standing right in front of the set. There was a sofa in this room that was really nasty, covered in stains that caused you to back up a step, yuk. I can not believe they do not just chuck the thing and leave the space emty.

• Stayed May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2012

For $67 a night (plus tax) I wasn't expecting too much but when I walked in the lobby I was pleasantly surprised. Nice tile, flat panel tv, a nice little breakfast area. But as we walked down the hall to room 105, the hall smelled musty. In our room, I took off my sandals and my feet literally stuck to the floor. I refused to let my kids take their shoes off. It was vile. After sleeping in the bed, my husband pulled back the covers and saw a big dead roach. After returning to the room on a hot day, the stench of urine was overwhelming. The television was irritatingly outdated and had a busted vertical hold. The beds were lumpy and the pillows flattened as soon as you laid your head down. The air conditioning unit had two options : meat locker and sauna.

It was cheap, but I'd rather stay home than ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan C
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed 3 nights on a business trip last weekend. Brian had taken our reservation and checked us in. We had a special requests of a refrigerator which we need because of our work. Most hotels say they will put that in the reservation and when we get there, it wasn't. Brian followed through and we had one when we arrived. He made sure that all of our needs were met and we were satisfied. Brenda is also a "gem". She made sure that if we needed something that we had it. The property is on the old side and will be renovated next month. It will be a great addition to have the property match the level of excellence you recieve from the staff. I just want to say thank you again to the staff for making our stay as wonderful as it was. The room was very spacious and finally had enough outlets for all of our stuff. It was a nice surprise to have ham & egg and sausage & egg biscuits along with the standard continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business