“This was one of the worst hotels we've ever stayed in...”
Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #28 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
NE
“This was one of the worst hotels we've ever stayed in...”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Our standards on a road trip are pretty low. Clean beds, decent breakfast, close to the highway. It does not have to be fancy & worn is ok as long as clean. This hotel was dirty and our room was awful. Chunks of the ceiling on the floor, dripping shower, towel bar fell off the wall when I touched it, and the carpet had a really icky, tacky feel. I made the kids keep their shoes on. If it weren't so late & we were all tired, I probably would have moved hotels or rooms.

Even the kids were commenting & we did not bother to stay for breakfast. If the hotel was in that poor shape, I certainly didn't want to eat any of their food! YUCK. I have about had it w/Choice hotels, the quality is so inconsistent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Had reservations for 3 nights at this hotel. It was so bad that we packed up and moved after the first night. The room had a horrible musty smell. Ceiling looked like had weathered several leaks. The bathroom ceiling had a recent leak that was still wet, the light was wrapped in a plastic bag and the bathroom vent was dangling. When we attempted to check out the next morning there was no one at the front desk. When my husband called the number, they said they were busy and it would be a while before they could come to check us out . . . we left!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

If you dont care about mildew, non-functioning facilities, noise, and an unavailable front desk clerk then by ALL means... STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Abner2
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This hotel should be closed due to "renovations". We made reservations for this hotel well in advance using our points to stay for a free night. When we pulled up at 1:15am after driving 10 hours. There were 8-9 teen males running and playing in the parking lot. Hotel attendant was outside smoking. He was the hotel check in attendant, security officer, and housekeeper. The room was not worthy of a free night. 1) Someone had started painting one wall in the room, 2) ceiling had water stains, and small hole over bed...slight leak from this hole. 3)Bathroom also had water stains all over ceiling, mold over shower head, damp and unfolded towels (as if someone had already been in the room). 4) Room smelled very spoiled. 5)Pillow cases were yellowed 6)Hotel hallway had not been vacuumed in weeks, as there were ants in the staircase as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malikah A
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed at this Comfort Inn while coming to Indy to play a dance. I chose it because it is right off I 65 at Keystone AND because I got a very good price. I expected a flophouse but was surprised that it was like other Comfort Inns all over the country. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was top-notch with the famous waffle maker. I had a room on the second floor (of two) and had no problem with noise from other guests (just noise from the thunderstorm that hit the area). The AC was a window unit but there was an easy chair in front of it to block direct winds from it. The shower was nice and new and the room was clean. I will stay here again if I come to the area again.

Room Tip: I like the top floor for quiet
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sliphorn
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Nice 3-1/2 star business hotel

Pluses: Extremely helpful front desk and staff. Comfortable beds nicely decorated. QUIET rooms, in fact this was one of the quietest hotels I have stayed in in some time. Rooms are moderate in size though not huge and have a small seating area. Bathroom is a bit cramped for 2 if you are sharing but it was sufficient. Pool area nicely maintained (indoor). Breakfast bar included and they have a waffle maker if you enjoy a nice breakfast. If you do not bring your own computer they have one in the lobby for guest use to check e-mails etc... You are close to Carabba's and Texas Roadhouse and a few other restaurants. About 8 minutes to the convention center.

Negatives: Gym is tiny and has only 2 treadmills (1 was falling apart) and a weight machine that was missing parts, as well as an elliptical. I was glad I brought my kettlebells but there was barely room to swing them.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The staff was very nice and helpful. Hotel is okay. Kind of a lingering smell to it. I needed to change rooms due to people above me being loud and was changed without a problem. Still somewhat loud, but that's due to rude people.

• Stayed February 2011