“Recent Visit - Not Good”

Bella Vita Ristorante
Ranked #1,491 of 2,426 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I returned to this place last night. We visited several years ago. The service was okay and the atmosphere was great. But, the food was typical and not very good. I ordered crab mushrooms and they were crunchy, literally. I had to send them back to get cooked a bit more. The salad was a bunch of lettuce with one ring of onion and one ring of tomato. The burger was plain and dry. I could have got a better burger at a fast food place. The best part about the burger was the toasted bun. This place used to serve better food. It appears to have gone down hill. Atmosphere or not it is just a waste of money.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant was very good. The atmosphere was great. You could go wearing T-shirt and shorts and not feel under dressed or shirt and tie and not feel over dressed. The restaurant is well suited for couples or families. The food was delicious and well prepared. The service was great. The manager was about the table inquiring about the food and service. You can dine inside or outside. In addition, the restaurant is located on the water front.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

A few years ago, Bella Vita was in a smaller venue on fall. Creek. Was one of my favorite places. Since moving to the lake I have had less than acceptable experiences. Two weeks ago I made on-line reservations, noted it was a birthday event and requested seating on the patio. On arrival was told that we would wait in the queue for an empty table. I asked what was the purpose of making reservations. The female owner lectured me in front of other patrons that reservations were not a guarantee etc. food was fair, waiter was nice yet had several tables. Was not a special time for my pals birthday. I will not return and cannot recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very bad service. It's like they never train their waiters. It took longer than an hour for us to get the food. She forgot to bring soup/salad before the entrees. Hardly refilled water. Kept apologizing for things going wrong. The food was fine, but the service was the worst! Will not wasting my time going back there again. Did i mention that it was very loud too? Too bad, it's in a nice location.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

It's been many years since we've been to Bella Vita and I was hesitant to go except our neighbors wanted to go there because of Northside Nights Indy. The best part of the meal was the Artichoke appetizer. The rest of the meal was very so so. The food was hot out of the microwave, or sat under the heat lamp for a very long time and had no taste. It will be a long time before I go back again.