“Excellent margeritas !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Abuelo's
Ranked #212 of 2,340 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Abuelo's invites you to experience the incredible flavors of Mexico, combining homemade cooking with rich flavors of coastal and interior Mexican cuisine.
Florissant, Missouri
“Excellent margeritas !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We split a pitcher of margaritas and it was just what we needed after a long day of meetings. And the food was good too. Lovely decor, nice waiter....Wish this chain was in St Louis !

Visited August 2013

Zionsville, Indiana
“Upscale TexMex Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We usually go there on Cinco de Mayo because it is also my birthday. We have gone with and without children and had a great experience each time. The wait time was a bit longer than we would like, but it was worth it.

Visited May 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant has very good food at reasonable prices. If you like enchiladas you can have just about any combination of meat and sauce. Seniors can order off the lunch menu at any time of day. The service has been excellent every time we have gone there.

• Visited April 2013
Zionsville
“Don't miss the papas for your side!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family visits Abuelos on a regular basis, and we have tried many different menu items. None have disappointed in terms of taste and quality. Their sides are a little different than the regular Tex-Mex restaurant. The papas (seasoned cheesy mashed potatoes) are divine. Their ranchero beans are just average, nothing to write home about. Entrees have always been well cooked and seasoned. Their tortilla soup is also very good. Portions are always big enough to need a take-home box for the next day. Now for the brief downsides...

We have tried beef, chicken, and seafood dishes, and all tasted great--but there was an occasion when the two of us who shared a shrimp dish both got food poisoning later that evening, and the only thing we had eaten in common all day was the shrimp. Consequently, we avoid the seafood there now.

My only other recommendation is NOT to show up on a holiday without a reservation. We agreed to sit at the bar, and were ignored there for 30 minutes before we got up and left. Bartenders walked right by us numerous times. That is the one and only time we had unforgivably bad service. Generally, their wait staff are above average in responsiveness.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MaryDee1
Zionsville, Indiana
“A tasty upscale Mexican experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

They have several fancier entrees than the traditional Mexican fare but I had the Fajitas tonight. They were good and filling enough to split with my wife. I ordered an appetizer of spinach stuffed mushrooms and made a comment that the portion was small to the waitress and a manager came over to remove it from my bill. I was happy that they were so sensitive about my complaint but I was not expecting that reduction in bill. The mushrooms were good and I should have expected a small portion for the price but it just surprised me a bit and I made a comment. Anyway the fajitas were good. We had the chicken which had a nice grilled flavor. I think next time I will try a fish dish.

• Visited March 2013