“Favorite breakfast spot”

Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Tampa, Florida
“Favorite breakfast spot”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We eat here at least once every time we are in Indy. Their big o omelette is the best. Good service, unique menu, and great location add to the experience.

Visited March 2014

“Never knew a Salt Lick and a strand of someone else's hair could cost so much...”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I read all the reviews about breakfast places around Indianapolis. I was almost set to go to another place considered the best in town, however reading menus Led me to Hoaglin which serves 'Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict'. Holy Moly I thought.... I must get some of that!
And so I paid for parking and headed my merry way to Hoaglin To Go.
I ordered one side of French Toast and a bowl of berries with my Smoked Salmon Benedict.
The waitress was super sweet and patient as she answered all of my picky girl questions.
They did not have honey nor real Maple Syrup so I ate my French toast dry with the berries. It was plain and unremarkable and had too much fake butter piled ontop.
It was at this point that I noticed a very long hair cooked into the salmon of my Salmon Benedict plate.
The waitress came and had them remake it.
I was tempted not to have it again but I held to my resolve to try the thing. I mean come on ... It's Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict!
It was a beautiful dish... The salmon's color a beautiful contrast to the creamy yellow sauce... i could smell the smokiness of my smoked salmon .... well it sure liiked like salmon but that's where it stopped being actual salmon. First bite ... i could not even swallow ... it tasted quite literally like a salt lick with a slight smoky flavor.
I tried mixing tiny pieces of the salmon with my potatoes which were barely salted (which I didn't mind) but this rendered the potatoes practically inedible. I just couldn't get them down. Even with four glasses of water.
Dejectedly I discarded the salmon ... Which is a bloody shame because I love love salmon.
You'll see in my picture that i just Removed the salmon and ate the rest of the dish which was pretty good.
The whole pieces of salmon sat on the edge of my plate uneaten and the waitress never remarked on it. I even mentioned that it was just to salty to eat ... A comment that was cheerfully ignored.
Service four stars ... Salmon 0 stars ... Rest of the food three stars .... Hair in my food negative stars.
Price of the experience $30.00 ....
I'm still siting here drinking my juice (and despite what they say its not truly fresh squeezed) so displeased by this place and the whole experience I had to take the time to write a review .... here at the table. I never do that.
I'm sure there has to be something better out there for breakfast because I for one would never come back here!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank The_Lady_Gadiva
Alexandria, Virginia
“Best breakfast/lunch spot in Indy!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon Hoaglin To Go six years ago when we were in town for the Mini Marathon, and we have been back every year since (often multiple times per trip). Hoaglin's offers the best breakfast and lunch menu in town; full of fresh and healthful options. And the atmosphere of the restaurant can't be beat, from its bright, cheerful decor, to its polite and friendly staff. So if you're in Indy and looking for a fantastic place to eat, this is the spot!

South Bend, Indiana
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My daughter and I were going to the Murat Theater and happened upon this place while finding a place to park! The food was extraordinary and freshly prepared. I enjoyed a Bloody Mary and although I missed the olives, it was delicious. My daughter's omelet was fluffy and filled with chicken and spinach. We would definitely stop here again while in the area.

• Visited December 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best biscuits & gravy”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

OMG if you are in Indianapolis, this place is a must!! Best breakfast I've ever had! Biscuits & gravy to die for. Never had pommes Anna before but crave theirs everyday! Located on Mass Ave which is a destination on its own. You will think about this food long after you leave! Making me hungry just thinking about it. You will thank me for letting you in on this place. Not much seating but worth the wait. Secret is, go on a week day.

• Visited November 2013