“Don't miss the table side guacamole”

Adobo Grill - Downtown Indianapolis
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Washington and Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a sucker for a mariachi band and theirs was good. The table side guacamole was the highlight. I would go there and have it for dinner. The lamb soup was also excellent. Certainly a cut above the typical Mexican restaurant but not a'destination

1  Thank Sharon M

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is now my new favorite Mexican restaurant (outside of Mexico)!! The food is unbelievably good & not the typical kind you usually get (not smothered in cheese, beans & rice). We had appetizers for our table of the Quesadillas de Huitlacoche & the Guacamole. The Guacamole was prepared at our table with totally fresh ingredients, plenty of garlic, spices & large chunks of the avocado-we could have made a meal of that alone--it was awesome!! We saved ourselves though & didn't overdo it, knowing we still had entrees coming. It was my 1st time to try huitlacoche & I was pleasantly surprised that the taste was not overpowering-it complimented the quesadillas perfectly.

Our entrees were the chile relleno (the largest we have ever seen), battered & fried fish (tilapia) tacos, beef steak tacos & the cazuela combination of 3 types (from the appetizer menu). The cazuelas were delicious-especially one that had shrimp-it had a very smoky flavor.

The margarita & mojito drinks seemed a little weak or else lacking in flavor. Their bucket of beers was a good choice for the guys-lots of Mexican & domestic beers to choose from.

It was a very enjoyable dinner overall. We went on a Saturday night so it was very busy with birthday parties, bachelorette parties, etc. The crowd gets very noisy & it is hard to have a table conversation at times (especially if the table next to you is having the party boards of tequila shots). Make a reservation ahead of time if possible. There is a parking garage right next door.

I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food and drinks were okay if pricey, but warning- don't go with a large group. After first being told when I made the reservation that splitting the check was fine, we were told in person that our group was too large (over 10) to do so. Since we were professionals at a conference, that was going to be a challenge, but we were okay with working it out. The manager grudgingly agreed that we could do 2 checks, and we explained to the waiter which half of the table should be on each check. They seemed very, very put out at this two-check solution and when we did get our bills, we discovered there was no rhyme or reason as to which items ended up on which check. Worse, some of the entries were nondescript like "FOOD- $15.99" so it became a big game of deduction to figure out whose meals, drinks, and appetizers were on what check. It took us about 15 minutes to solve the mysteries of the checks.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Excellent service, came here with my mother on one of our weekend trips to Indy (will be coming back too). They make the guacamole at the table. Great, quick service, by good looking authetic people (if you are into that sort of thing =D ..I loved it) I had enchiladas de carne and my mother had enchiladas de calabaza....both wonderful, and for hers being vegetarian, it was wonderful!! Will deffinately be back.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Adobo is not really the kind of place I would go for the food. In all honesty, you can definitely get on par level food at a local Mexican place. The main attraction for me is the GUACAMOLE. They have table-side service for their guac that not only teaches you the fine art of crushing avocado, but also provides you the ability to personalize the spiciness of your guacamole. On top of all of that, the drinks are AMAZING. They have top shelf liquor for their margarita and other traditional Hispanic style drinks.

1  Thank AlauraR