“Great donuts ”

Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in Indianapolis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Great homemade donuts- the junky downfall is that they don't accept debit or credit cards, you can only pay with cash. Longs is always super busy every time my husband and I stop by.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,959)

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

As a big fat slob I know good junk food.. These doughnuts are the best I've had! They do not take any cards.. Cash only and you will wait in line, also you have to park in the street.. Still Worth it.. Do it! Ladies behind counter were awesome too!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a weekend near Chicago planned and I knew we'd be driving through Indianapolis so I checked TripAdvisor for top rated restaurants. To my surprise, the top rated restaurant was a bakery. I read the review and thought it sounded like it was worth the effort to check it out. We arrived at about noon on a Friday and the line was out the door. (However, due to TripAdvisor, I was prepared for a line.) The line didn't move especially fast. It took us about 40 minutes to get waited on. We did chat with locals while we were in line and they advised that there is usually a line, but that on this particular day, it was moving especially slow--due to a shortage of help at the counter they assumed. But, I have to say, those locals never got out of line. They waited with everyone else. Even the hearse driver from the local funeral home who knew he was going to be late stayed in line.

So, with all that waiting, here's what we discovered--These are some of the best donuts we've ever had. They normally serve their yeast donuts warm, but due to the crowd, they didn't have any. But we didn't need them to be warm...they were delicious at room temperature. We also sampled the chocolate iced long johns, baby gators (cinnamon and nut iced pastry), creme horn, and apple fritter donuts. All were very fresh, very tasty, and worth every minute we stood in line. And the prices were cheap too. (As a side note...the locals we chatted with raved about their birthday cakes, but we did not have any cake.)

I will say the parking is tricky and the neighborhood was questionable. But we managed to get through these obstacles. (There was a cop parked out front. He didn't appear to be eating donuts. It just seemed like he was keeping an eye on things.)

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This is why we're all fat in Indianapolis. I've eaten these lard-soaked pastries all over this country-and friend, these are the best there are.

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

No matter what time you go there us a line for donuts. Popular with Indy; yeast donuts are the best; cinnamon twist are wonderful too