“Been the Best for a Long Time”
Review of Long's Bakery

Long's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in Indianapolis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was going to Long's forty years ago and they are still the best. We had fresh yeast donuts at work just recently and nothing has changed. Outstanding sweet stuff!

1  Thank Dennis W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

If I were rating only the donuts, this would definitely be five stars but we stopped by 5 times during our week and the Indy 500, and were not pleased with the service, especially our 30 minute wait one evening. Three ladies behind the counter and all three got involved with a lady ordering a cake while over 20 people waited in line. Several walked out. But the donuts are wonderful. They serve until 10:00pm but the selection gets limited the later you wait. MOST of the time the service is okay. I mentioned we stopped 5 times this trip as we do most trips and we will definitely return. The Bakery is not located in the best area but a security official is always present. It will be worth your trip.

1  Thank Treadman46
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hands down best yeast donuts anywhere on the planet. The cream horns are out of this world too. Just plain ole goodness, with a family feel.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was never a crazy fan of donuts. Always thought they were too sweet and sticky. That is until I unwittingly came across Longs Bakery to buy Friday morning breakfast for a my team doing a sampling job just down the street of the bakery. After getting a dozen for the crew, I never realized how incredible donuts could be. It totally blew my mind! That also explained why there was a line out the door for the place. I thought that ppl just loved their donuts. Total shocker for me. Greatest donuts ever!

2  Thank MaMeMiM0Mu
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This a great bakery with awesome doughnuts. I recommend getting there early for the best selection!!