“Lives up to the hype! Delicious goodness!”
Review of Long's Bakery

Long's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in Indianapolis
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Schertz
“Lives up to the hype! Delicious goodness!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you like donuts and other fried dough, sugar-coated angelic treats...then this is your place. We took note of this place with the #1 ranking on Trip Advisor...and while looking for a "more healthy" yogurt snack saw this as we were driving by. We made a quick turn and quickly found a parking spot. We knew it was either a great donut shop or a scary neighborhood by the number of police cars parked nearby. Be sure to try the yeast donuts! The cinnamon rolls have a bold flavor but still light and fluffy. Make the drive...enjoy the sweet, delicious, goodness!

Indianapolis, IN
“The best donuts ANYWHERE”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Longs are absolutely the BEST donuts anywhere. We drive 30 minutes to get them, and it is totally worth it. Make sure you take cash--no credit cards accepted here. You will be in donut heaven!

Baltimore, Maryland
“These donuts bring out the best in everyone who is near.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I set out for Longs on my first morning in Indianapolis. I decided to run there from my downtown hotel. What better way to start a donut feeding frenzy than with a 4 mile run! When I arrived I was struck by the old fashioned feel of the place, and how increadibly polite the customers were. Young, old, biker, businessman - all said their pleases, thank you's, and mams when ordering. When I didn't have .20 cents (I had plenty of money to cover my bill) but no coins, the young man behind me quickly handed a quarter to the woman helping me. I gave the taxi driver who brought me back to my hotel a donut and he later sent me a thank you text. The dozen donuts I brought to my morning meeting put a smile on everyone's face. I ended the day wondering if the world's problems could all be solved with a few dozen Long's donuts. Oh, and go with the yeast variety. If you want cake, then eat cake!

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Long's Bakery - YUM”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The VERY BEST yeast donuts in the world! Don't go late or they will be sold out! You will want to eat them all in one sitting.

Chicago
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Don't miss the cake donuts. I got 1/2 a dozen and regret not getting more! Go for a dozen or two. They are so fluffy and do melt in your mouth. The price is right and the line which was almost out the door when I got there moves fast. I also noticed a great looking pecan cake I really want to try if I'm out that way again. I wish there was a Long's Bakery near me!