“Heavenly Good”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Carmel, Indiana
“Heavenly Good”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

It's a must stop if you love donuts. Saw many reviews and an article in a magazine about this place and they are all right on the money. Everything so far has been delicious and the pies are amazing! Had pumpkin, apple and peach so far and they are just like grandma use to make. They don't last very long.

• Visited November 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Great donuts!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a romantic getaway and on the way home we decided that we had to try this bakery that was rated #1 on TripAdvisor, and boy and I so glad we did!

We found plenty of close parking, went in, looked at what they had and purchased a dozen donut holes, a fried cinnamon roll/honey bun thing, and a cream cheese danish. In total it was less than $5!

When I put the first donut in my mouth, I instantly knew why they had such a high rating! They were amazing! The donuts melted in my mouth lol. My husband said the danish was very creamy and the best he has ever had! The cinnamon fried thing I had was delicious! The cinnamon flavor was just barely there, not over powering and just right.

If you’re in Indianapolis and have a love for donuts and such, make the trip to Longs, you wont be disappointed!

A few things to consider, they only take cash, and they do have a small selection of donuts, but still very good and worth trying!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Amberlee W
Panama City, Florida
“#1, really?”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is not the #1 restaurant in Indianapolis. The doughnuts were fine but nothing amazing. They have a rather limited selection of doughnuts (no fritters or long johns) focusing on simple styles. Cash only, limited parking and no place to eat inside. Very nice staff. I would eat their doughnuts again but wouldn't go out of my way to get them.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Mmmmm Good!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

There is nothing like a warm Longs yeast doughnut. It is like a piece of heaven! This is an absolute must have!!!

Visited August 2012
Iowa
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were in Indy for the Big10 Championship and wanted a place for breakfast that was rated on TripAdvisor. Long's was #1. Since we were needing a place on a Sunday, I called to see if they were open. The more appropriate question is..."When aren't you open?" We were surprised by people lined outside the bakery waiting their turn. The street was lined with cars - there's no parking lot. The prices were very reasonable. The yeast donuts were warm and fantasic. We purchased both a large and a baby gator! They have this chocolate covered item that is their version of the Hostess Ho Ho. I was missing my Ho Ho's, so I had to try it!

Bring cash and expect to wait in line. The prices and the wait are worth the experience. However I'm not sure I'd categorize this as a "restaurant" as there are no tables and chairs. It's a walk-up to the counter food service provider.

The other patrons were more than willing to give recommendations. It's apparent they go there frequently!

• Visited December 2012