“Pho Sho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Pho Sho”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Do not be put off by its location or exterior appearance. This place really delivers some of the best pho. We moved here from DC and I was sad to leave my old pho stop. I came her on the chance that the exterior would not compare to the pho.

WOW. I LOVE the chicken pho. It never fails to be excellent. Every time I get it I am happy. The broth stays piping hot until I get home. The food is excellent.

Obviously the ambience is not why you go here - it looks like it was a Bob Evans or something similar. But it's clean and the staff is very friendly. This is one of my favorite places to frequent.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank TKlemens

Indianapolis
“AWESOME Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

HOT POT!

Oh hot pot, today, when it is so cold and dreary, I really, really wish I had another of you to warm the cockles of my heart.

When I heard all of my friends had already been here and thought it was awesome, I knew I had to come try it out. I was certainly not disappointed. The ambiance here is a little weird, I think it's an old Perkins or something, but that is more than made up for by the food. I ordered the vegetarian hot and sour soup hot pot. It came in a big stainless steel bowl that rested over an open flame to keep it warm (see photos). This was then ladled onto vermicelli noodles, and then put in my mouth. This was a ton of food. I ate it all. I also got a thai tea bubble tea which was almost like a bubble tea milkshake and was really good.

I want to bring my husband back here asap, as I went with a friend. I was just there last night, but if he wanted to go this weekend, I happily would. In fact, if he wanted to go right this second, I still would. With bells on.

• Visited October 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic Vietnamese restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This is one of my favorite two restaurants in Indy (the other is Bosphorus). The food was incredible, the service was very good, and contrary to one other reviewer who commented that "they couldn't speak English," I found that the waiter's fluency was near-native speaker quality (better than many of my Hoosier-born students). The mixed grill was sensational--better than comparable dishes in Chicago, D.C. and New York (!) and comparable to my culinary experience in Vietnam. My only regret is that I didn't discover this gem years ago, when they first opened. The one critical review that I found on this site is hard to believe; it makes me wonder if the source was truly a customer. I rated the "atmosphere" only a three because it's a small restaurant in a strip mall, but personally, I could give it a five, because it's exactly what I wanted-unpretentious, with a focus on food and service, rather than ambience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Oh I love Vietnamese food. When I realized we had a great place in town that had truly authentic Vietnamese food I was...”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Oh I love Vietnamese food. When I realized we had a great place in town that had truly authentic Vietnamese food I was thrilled. The mixed grill is like a Vietnamese fajita. Full of fresh veggies, herbs and those great rice paper wraps that you roll yourself. My Vietnamese friend loves their Pho. Who can leave without a Vietnamese coffee with sweetened condensed milk over ice? Refreshing. You can also go right next door and buy more rice paper or coffee for home.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
hoosierville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the BEST and MOST AUTHENTIC Vietnamese Restaurant in Indy!”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Awesome, incredible menu. Everything is made to order, incredibly fresh and authentic. If you love Asian food, this is THE place to dine! Bring your friends and share a variety of dishes, you will absolutely LOVE this restaurant. You don't need reservations but if you do have a large party, I would call ahead. The owners are amazing and accommodating.