“Great good with an average atmosphere...”
Review of Sushi On The Rocks - CLOSED

Sushi On The Rocks
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allisonville st
Description: Sushi on the rocks offers a unique blend of japenese traditions with a french infusion inspired taste. We cater to all forms of sushi fans. of course sushi, chicken, salmon and steak , not even sushi various kitchen menu items from edamame to Steak , Come enjoy our unique ambiance along with a experienced serving staff. That will make your visit a memorable experience.
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Overall, this place is very good. The sushi is very good and reasonably priced. The only downfall was the layout of the dining area. We waited at the very small bar for approximately 20 minutes (our 7pm table reservation wasn't available until 7:20). We stood at the bar but were constantly having to shift around because the bar is between the kitchen and the dining area. If I'm going to pay $20 for two drinks, I don't want to feel like a traffic cone in the middle of the freeway. Otherwise, I recommend the seaweed salad and nearly every sushi on the menu.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The 82nd street location is the current location of Sushi on the Rocks. It used to be located downtown Indianapolis. This restaurant has very tasty sushi. I highly recommend the Playboy Roll. It is a roll that is wrapped in foil and then 151 proof rum is poured over it and it comes to your table and they set it on fire. The taste is one of the best rolls I have ever had at the price point. The Mexican Roll is my current favorite. The food is tasty. The prices are in line with a good sushi place (cruise lines, buffets, grocery stores would be terrible sushi). The service is however not so great.. I eat there somewhat regularly because our family loves sushi. It is better than other sushi places we have available to us. This location has had other restaurants in it before, and they have failed due to the difficulty of getting in and out of the space with your car. I do hope that the service can improve, but I do recommend this as a sushi restaurant if you are not in a hurry or starving... Get a drink and an appetizer. Then put in your order... Enjoy!

1  Thank craftyxnature
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Made reservations with s voicemail box on thur for a table of 8 for sat nigh . Nobody called me to confirm ( like I requests ) so I call back sat . They did not have any reservation . So forced to make 30 min later.

Upon arrival we hade to wait 50 min past reservation time to sit down .

When our dinner came I actualled laughed and ask where is the rest??? The entries were incredibly SMALL. Food was sub par at best.

Our server was great !
I will not be returning ,,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

All I can say is the sushi was good but our entrees were a joke.
Dried up mackerel and what looked like packaged frozen chicken in bland sauce . It was no where worth the 50 dollars we paid. Our waitress was sweet and very good. Food not so much!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went in on a Monday night and was extremely impresses by the time we had. First and foremost, half price sushi on Mondays! After finding that out, we found out that it was much more than just a sushi place. We tried the beef yakiniki entree and the flavor.and tenderness was great. It looked like the place was formerly a nightclub, but it only added to the overall nature of our experience. Great food (snow mountain highly recommended), and very friendly and professional staff.