“I struggle with this review...but "average" does fit” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Dallas, Texas
“I struggle with this review...but "average" does fit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love the Capital Grille. We were visiting family in Indianapolis and decided to treat our family to this place while we were in Indy. Due to my family's wishes, we had an early dinner at 4 pm.

Because I was the only one getting a glass of wine (the other members of my party simply do not drink), I could instantly tell that our server had completely lost interest in us. I was once a server in college so I guess I understand that. She was "there" but we have had outstanding service at so many other Capital Grilles that the overall rating of this restaurant is rightfully just average. Honestly, the service and food combo that we are accustomed to at the Capital Grille is why we chose to treat our family there rather than another establishment in Indy.

The food was great. My husband left 18% of our bill, but thinking of it now, that probably was too much as I said....she was just "there". I have had better service at a Chili's.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago
“Great Burger Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

After walking a couple of blocks in a major thunderstorm, I ducked into the Capital Grill for dinner. Sat at the bar and ordered a hamburger and a glass of Tres Picos. Service was excellent by the bartender and the food came out fresh and very tasty. First time I had ordered something other than a steak or beef tartare at Capital grill.

Tyler, Texas
“Service - meh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I wanted a nice dinner and Capital Grill was Our City Center choice. It is fortunate that we were not in a hurry. Our waiter was very busy with a large party of 12 & we were chopped liver. We enjoyed the evening since we let the evening flow as it happened. My wife had a parmesan encrusted sole dish that was superb. It had a avocado & crab salad that was very tasty. I had the sesame encrusted ahi tuna. It was cooked to perfection - rare but warm. The ginger rice was good, but the side of asparagus was very good. The wine list is massive & good & expensive. Since my wife & I don't like the same wines, we ordered from the adequate wine by the glass list. Even including the mediocre service & the very loud party of 12 next to us, we had a great meal and a pleasurable evening. We will return.

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very good lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I always knew that Capital Grille offered an incredible dinner, but recently I have been able to try them for lunch and WOW, no dissapointment! They offer delicious salads and an incredible burger, but they had "plates" on the menu where you can get a soup, entree and side for less than $20. SO GOOD!

“very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

great spot, i hadn't been to CG in other cities but always heard good things. a little pricey of a meal for a work group but certainly did not dissapoint. The service and the wine list was phenomenal and certainly worth the trip. Definitely need reservations!