“Service - meh!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife & I wanted a nice dinner and Capital Grill was Our City Center choice. It is fortunate that we were not in a hurry. Our waiter was very busy with a large party of 12 & we were chopped liver. We enjoyed the evening since we let the evening flow as it happened. My wife had a parmesan encrusted sole dish that was superb. It had a avocado & crab salad that was very tasty. I had the sesame encrusted ahi tuna. It was cooked to perfection - rare but warm. The ginger rice was good, but the side of asparagus was very good. The wine list is massive & good & expensive. Since my wife & I don't like the same wines, we ordered from the adequate wine by the glass list. Even including the mediocre service & the very loud party of 12 next to us, we had a great meal and a pleasurable evening. We will return.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I always knew that Capital Grille offered an incredible dinner, but recently I have been able to try them for lunch and WOW, no dissapointment! They offer delicious salads and an incredible burger, but they had "plates" on the menu where you can get a soup, entree and side for less than $20. SO GOOD!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

great spot, i hadn't been to CG in other cities but always heard good things. a little pricey of a meal for a work group but certainly did not dissapoint. The service and the wine list was phenomenal and certainly worth the trip. Definitely need reservations!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was very good and service as well. Prices were not terrible either. I need to go there for dinner on my next trip.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you are looking for a finer luncheon experience this is the place for you. 5 star service without being stuffy. I ordered the Burger with Bacon and it had to be one of the best I have ever had.
We also split the Lobster Mac & Cheese and well my husband doesn't like lobster or cheese (which I do not understand) and he loved it so much we ordered one to take home. This is a little on the pricey side but soooooo worth it.