“Breakfast was to die for”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,416 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Lobster eggs benedict was the best breakfast I ever ate. The decor was english tudor style very cozy and warm feeling. Our waiter provide excellent service. Meal was deliverd hot and very appealing. I didn't eat evening meal there, but it would be very nice I would imagine.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The capital grill is definitely a fine restaurant; however, when one considers the cost, I'm not sure that you could be better served at some of the other venues in the greater Indianapolis area such as Late Harvest Kitchen, Divvy, Recess, Oh Yum, and so on. The prices are high. I didn't find the servers to be particularly savvy about the food. A good experience, but probably won't go back for a whle.

2  Thank italianfoodie63
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Even though we had a reservation, we still had to wait awhile. Bar was very crowded. Once at bar, beer was cold. My steak was perfectly cooked. Appetizers were average. All employees were very helpful.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have gone to Capital Grille a few times before and enjoyed it. However, my last visit left me fusterated and disappointed. Once our waiter found out we were eating off the Devour Downtown menu (three items for $18.00 + $3.50 drinks) his demeanor changed. Matthew C was inattentive, made faces as he left our table, and we had to pay for out bill at the hostess stand because he never came back to pick up our credit cards to pay for the bill. We never got steak knives- thankfully the steak could be cut with a butter knife! My friend's medium rare steak was well done and only after we got Matthew's attention was she able to get a new steak cooked appropriately. You are only as good as your customer's last memory of you, and my last memory was of a mediorce lunch with poor service. If I am going to pay $23 for lunch, I will go some place where I get good service.

1  Thank Zvillemommy
Reviewed January 29, 2013

They have great food, but seating is kind of tight and the resturant cab get a little loud. It is connected to the Conrad Hotel.