“Classic Elegence”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,436 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Classic decor with lots of hardwood and fine art. Upscale in every way. Exceptional customer service. The manager came to our table and personally apologized for not having one of the main courses we had ordered. Said the Ahi tuna was not up to their standard tonight to serve it. He comped one of our meals and gave us two complimentary sides. Even came back before we left made sure our meals were superb and apologized again.

I had the citrus salmon. It was cooked exactly as ordered and delightful for a fish entree. It came with a lobster on the side. The lobstewaged amazing flavor and cooked to perfection. My wife said the sliced filet was best shed ever had. The bone in Sirloin my mate had was huge thick and juicy.

The side of lobster Mac and cheese was Steller as was the augrautian potatoes. The appetizer calamari was spicy hot and amazing.

This place is spot on for quality and service. The price is what you should expect from the calibre of fine dining.

We were to full to enjoy a desert. This place is a home run. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had a delicious meal here, you get what you pay for, really fresh food excellent taste. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended for a special treat.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Breakfast was excellent and our waiter was extremely friendly. It's a bit on the expensive side - breakfast for two will probably run you about $50.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have dined at The Capital Grille restaurants throughout the United States, and this was first visit to the one in Indiana.This was another excellent dining experience. The online reservation process was simple, the ambiance was superb, the service attentive and accommodating, and the food was perfect. I would certainly return to this Capital Grille the next time I am in Indianapolis.

1  Thank CJTravelerTexas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

It’s been several years since we last ate at Capital Grille so I was anxious to return. We booked a reservation during the semi-annual Devour Downtown promotion where a 3-course meal is just $30pp. Just last week we ate at another highly regarded, not-to-be-named steakhouse where we were totally underwhelmed with their Devour Downtown offering, so I was curious to see how Capital Grille compared.

We started off with a basket of bread and I’m not sure exactly what type of bread I had, but the dark brown bread was really tasty. We both started with the field green salad with shallot champagne vinaigrette and it was good, but nothing too noteworthy.

For the entrée I had the Bone-In Kona Crusted Sirloin with Shallot Butter and it was cooked and flavored to perfection. One of the best tasting steaks I have had in a very long time. My wife had Parmesan and Herb Marinated Tournedos and she loved hers as well. Both of us shared sides of Sam’s Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Vegetables. The potatoes were incredibly creamy and I’m by no means a big vegetable eater, but I still ended up eating a bunch because they tasted great.

For dessert I had the classic crème brulée and my wife had flourless chocolate espresso cake. Both desserts were incredible as well.

The restaurant was packed full of Devour Downtown diners, but our wait service was still excellent throughout the meal. I have a very minor complaint in that we were seated right next to the kitchen door, but like I said the restaurant was full and it was just bad luck on our part. We will definitely be eating here again sooner rather than later. Can’t wait to come back for a future special occasion.

1  Thank indyfranks