“Horrible”

Ranked #147 of 179 Hotels in Indianapolis
Michigan
“Horrible”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had trouble finding our room because the room number was lying on the floor next to the door. Our non-smoking room curtains had burn holes. Went to use the hair dryer and it fell off the wall. The TV remote was non working. Knob in bathroom for the overhead heater was not flush exposing a possible electrical hazzard.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lucasklcs
dperino, Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to inform us of what all was wrong with your room. I truly appreciate it, but also wish you would informed me at the Hotel. We strive so very hard to make sure all our guests have a good experience and just hate it when we fail, which we obviously did. I have personally addressed the issues not just with housekeeping and maintenance, but all other Managers at the Hotel, because we are all responsible. Just wanted to take a moment to assure that the issues are being addressed in a serious manner and we very much take at heart when we fail on such a monumental level. Please be assured this is not the norm for this Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We went there on Aug 28 for the Moto GP race. Area is not bad, nice lake in front, lobby was alright until you got to your room.... Lack of maintenance for this hotel is the main problem. After reading the bad reviews I was concerned but I figure it must be not so bad. After 14 hours of driving and 85 degrees outside the only thing we needed was a/c and a clean room. A/C was not working, room was as clean as an 25 years old hotel can be. Spending one night there was more than enough not a place that I would recommand neither wlll stay there again. The cloudy pool didn't look much inviting either.

Room Tip: Lake view is better than pool view ( more quiet)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Enanita
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Our stay was not good. There were spider webs,on inside window and a huge one on outside window.The rug was so dirty my white socks turned black.My Mom killed a roach on the 2nd day. I complained to the evening desk counter.
Desk person was not skilled in customer service,she apologized but that was it.When we checked out, I spoke to the manager and she apologized and gave me half off 2nd night. The front lobby was exceptional clean.Althought the manager gave me a discount, I still would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Maria V
Villa Grove, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed during weekend of Brickyard & it was very close to get to and from the track! Every worker we encountered treated us with a pleasant smile & helped us with whatever we needed! Right off of I-74. The owner was in the building & very kind to speak to us as well! The hotel has a lounge, Excalibur, privately owned, but still in the building & it was a very nice, comfortable atmosphere. We will definitely return to stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here for the races, and it's conveniently located close by the speedway (3 miles.) The staff was very friendly, and although the property is a little old, the rooms and lobby were well maintained. We all (including the kids) had a great time hanging out at the pool in the atrium area. All in all, it was a great stay for the price and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I don’t know what is up with the bad reviews. My family and I had a really nice stay at this hotel while visiting friends in the area. The rooms were large and clean and my kids and I had a blast at the pool. The price was really reasonable and we will definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I don't know why this hotel gets bad reviews. This is the hotel I stay at when I visit Indy. It has a nice pool. Good value for the price.

• Stayed August 2010