“Great Value...”

Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #142 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Great Value...”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed here for the races, and it's conveniently located close by the speedway (3 miles.) The staff was very friendly, and although the property is a little old, the rooms and lobby were well maintained. We all (including the kids) had a great time hanging out at the pool in the atrium area. All in all, it was a great stay for the price and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I don’t know what is up with the bad reviews. My family and I had a really nice stay at this hotel while visiting friends in the area. The rooms were large and clean and my kids and I had a blast at the pool. The price was really reasonable and we will definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I don't know why this hotel gets bad reviews. This is the hotel I stay at when I visit Indy. It has a nice pool. Good value for the price.

• Stayed August 2010
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed June 3, 2011

My family stayed here to be near the Indy Motor Speedway on Qualification Weekend. Photos on line looked great, but those photos must be 10 years old or more. It is very worn! We got a non smoking first floor room. The room smelled smoked in for sure and our window to the outside did not have a lock on it. My wife complained about that and the front desk attendent brought us a stick to put in the track to keep it from opening. Our bedspreads were stained and a bit dirty. Overall the room was pretty crappy. The pool area is all cracked up, the trees in the atrium are overgrown, the skylights have numerous cracks and appear to have been repaired with duct tape! I expected much better from a Clarion hotel, was very disappointed and won't be back unless they do a complete makeover to the property. One nice thing to say...their breakfast was very good!

2 Thank indyzdanny
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed here during the Indy500 weekend with my wife. We chose this spot because of the price and its closeness to the track.The front desk was eager and willing to help us. The room was clean, and the beds were some of the comfiest I've ever slept in. First time staying at this hotel, will defiantly return next year.

Iowa, USA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This place needs to be shut down and renovated. We stayed over Indy Race weekend. The only pro for this hotel is that is about 3 miles from the track and very convenient for race fans. But, the place is nasty and run down. No water pressure. Grout in bathroom was filthy. Bath fan made a screeching noise when you turn the light on. Bed comforter was stained. Carpet was filthy and worn. Furniture in rooms are old, worn, and dirty. Ice machines didn't work. Entire hotel smelled like a combination of smoke and mold. We had another night reserved after the race on Sunday night but left early. We would rather drive through the night to get home then stay at this place another night.

Clarion should be embarrassed their name is on this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Dave3249
Rockford
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I was surprised that Clarion would have their name on a hotel like this. I think it is an old holidome hotel that should be retired. Not clean, carpets stained and rooms smell like old smoke. The pool area and hottub area was nice for hanging out but this place is not a place I would return to.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends