“Absolutely wonderful! ”

Ranked #131 of 2,783 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was excellent. The food was exceptional. This restaurant was a last minute option for us and recommended by a local resident and I’m so very happy that we took her recommendation. Everyone in our group was pleased with their meal. I would definitely go back again if in the area.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (134)

Reviewed December 30, 2019

For those tilting to the upper end of the age scale, you will remember family restaurants, where intimate atmosphere, fantastic food and good service were common.... no rush, no hassle and food made in the Old World way. If you desire any of this then please head to Capri's!

We had not been there since we moved in 2015. While we remember the experience as good, this place has upped its game. We heard that it is under new management.... well .... all we can say Mamma Mia!.

Our Fort Wayne friends kept saying that they could only wish there was a restaurant that good there.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Our office had our annual Christmas party at the Capri. Our destination is always a surprise - we board a charter bus at the office and find out where we are going when we get there. I wanted to love this restaurant as I have loved all the other restaurants our managing broker and his wife have chosen. I know they put a lot of thought and planning into the event and it's so appreciated and is always a lovely evening.

The style, decor and ambiance of the Capri is wonderful. The service was attentive and excellent. The food was unimpressive. I have eaten at numerous Italian restaurants and the Capri just didn't live up to my expectations. The meal was served family style, but I am gluten free so I was offered the opportunity to choose whatever I wanted. When I asked what my options were, I was told "Anything." I wasn't given a menu and the suggestion made by the server was veal Bolognese. I'm not a fan of veal and when I expressed that to the server he stated again "You can have anything. Do you like shrimp?" I do, so I asked for gluten free spaghetti Alfredo with shrimp thinking that would be a relatively easy choice. (They have spaghetti noodles as the only gf pasta option which is fine.) My dish was edible, but not good. The whole thing lacked any seasoning whatsoever. I must have added salt and pepper 3 or 4 times. I can't even describe the taste of the Alfredo sauce. It was strange and just not good. My husband, who pretty much eats anything, made a face when he tried it and said he'd never order it. It didn't taste like butter or cheese or anything recognizable as an Alfredo sauce. The salad was bland and boring. A mix of greens tossed in a bit of olive oil and vinegar. I went to the appetizer table and picked out some fresh mozzarella, mushrooms & olives and added them to my salad along with some salt & pepper. After I did that, I noticed a few others from my table did the same.

The others were served a family style "meal." The dishes were veal marsala, chicken piccata and a ziti Bolognese. That is literally all that was on the table with the exception of some basic looking dinner rolls. Idk... it was a bit odd to see plates with just meat and some sauce on them. I did hear others say the veal was good and my husband said the chicken and ziti were good. I also heard several others say the food was good, but unimpressive. Fortunately for us, the ambiance was nice and the conversation and dinner companions were fun as always.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 26, 2019 via mobile

We had never eaten at Capri and tried it based on a recommendation. We are glad we did and will definitely be coming back. The parking lot was full so we were glad we had a reservation. The atmosphere is beautiful. Rich wood, the walls were a golden mustard and framed prints.
Great service delicious food! Two people had the bolognese lasagna and said it was the best they ever had. Two people had chicken piccata and it was fabulous. The tiramisu was the best!
This is a gem of a restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

Great traditional Italian restaurant. They make their own pasta and the food is great. The staff is very friendly and professional. You will love this place.

Date of visit: October 2019