All reviews mass ave biscotti b bs coffee shop next door next morning clawfoot tub common space cold beverages within walking distance private bathroom perfect retreat entire house national center incredible stay sitting area daughter's wedding parking pass
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Situated just off Massachusets Avenue this B & B is exceptional. Don't let the official 2 and 1/2 star rating put you off - you get a 5 star welcome and the rooms are lovely. Free sodas and breakfast next door at Henry's cafe (week days) was also lovely. Mass ave is very nice area - about 20 mins walk from centre of Indianapolis. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed our location and service. We appreciate your review and your recommendation. We hope to see you again soon and hope that you can enjoy Mass Ave again! Leesa

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just spent two nights in Room 2 at the Nestle Inn and we thought the place was great. Our room was really two rooms, living room and bedroom, wonderfully furnished and decorated. The bathroom was huge with an old fashioned claw foot tub as well as a shower. We were on the second floor which also has a big sitting area with coffee, a refrigerator, etc. Downstairs is a well stocked library and another room with a coffee service. So the overall effect is open and airy. Just a very nice place, very clean, nicely decorated and wonderful landscaping out front.
The location is excellent, close to downtown and literally just steps away from Massachusetts Avenue, a pleasant shopping dining area. We parked on the street and never had a problem finding a spot
We met the owners and talked to Leesa quite a few times. She is delightful - a real pleasure to know. You can tell immediately that she cares a lot about the whole guest experience.
Although it's a bed and breakfast you should know that breakfast in only on weekends. On weekdays (when we were there) you get breakfast (included with your room) at Henry's Bistro, a coffee shop right next door. Henry's was good but has a pretty limited menu. No eggs, pancakes omelets and such. But, good breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, yogurt, scones.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

It is so thoughtful of you to take the time to leave us a review. It is the best part of the work we do to learn we have pleased a customer and that they have enjoyed their stay. We appreciated your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We prefer staying at B and Bs rather than impersonal hotels, and this one is a winner. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. There were several lovely common areas, and free coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, and little treats (like homemade biscotti) were always available. The innkeeper Leesa was very welcoming and helpful, both by email in advance and while we were there, with dining and entertainment suggestions. The location couldn't be better--as others have said, the Massachusetts Avenue dining, shopping, and entertainment district is about a block away. Staying in a neighborhood was much nicer than staying in the big hotel district downtown. For us, downtown, the zoo, many interesting neighborhoods and all the walking/biking trails were within easy walking distance. The city has wonderful bicycling trails protected from vehicle traffic, and the Inn is ideally situated for bicyclists. The breakfast arrangement--on weekdays, guests are given passes to the next-door neighborhood coffee shop for breakfast, with the Inn's homemade breakfasts only available on weekends--had its good points. It was fun to hang out with the locals, you can go anytime you like, and the coffee was good. We would have liked to try the inn's breakfasts, though. We are making plans to return, and to be sure to include at least one weekend day in our visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and I'm so glad you liked Indy! You offer great info for others visiting the city . Feel free next time to bring your bikes (or we can arrange for you to rent them) and we can store them for you. We and Indy are looking forward to seeing you again! Leesa

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had never stayed in a B&B. Honestly, the idea of staying in a "stranger's" home seemed very odd to me. So when we decided to have a staff retreat at a B&B, I was a little worried what to expect. I'm glad to say that my first experience at the Nestle Inn was a great introduction to B&Bs. The owner was kind and very accommodating, the location is conveniently located, and the facility is clean and well appointed.

The location is near many interesting restaurants, shops, and within walking distance to downtown. The neighborhood seemed very safe, with an "off the beaten path" vibe that locals probably would like to keep that way. Next to the inn was a nice, conveniently located bistro (Henry's Coffee Bistro) which I will also try to review if it's on Tripadvisor.

The facility was very nicely decorated, very clean, and has numerous meeting areas. Two of us had the opportunity to stay in the top floor room that had just been opened up for guests. It was very spacious and offered many great features: a kitchen area, dining area, sitting area, flat panel TV with cable, nice bathroom with shower and separate tub, and a separate bedroom that can be closed off with two twin beds. Another great feature was the free wifi that was available to guests.

I'm more open to B&Bs now that I've stayed at the Nestle Inn. Although, should I have an opportunity to stay at one, the Nestle Inn has set a pretty high bar. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if the top floor room is available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I'm so glad you liked your first B&B experience and I appreciate the feedback on our new room 6. It really helps to know what is working or not working for our guests. We have tried to make our B&B experience a modern approach with privacy and individual service our hallmark...so, I'm so glad everything worked for you! Thanks again also for the marketing ideas and the retreat ideas as well! Leesa

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Nestle Inn for the second time, and was once again thrilled with my visit. The Inn provided a perfect "home base" from which to explore Indianapolis. It also provided a quiet space in which I could work. Not only was the room quiet and peaceful, but the Inn's library also provided a stimulating working space. Leesa and her staff made me feel warmly welcomed and offered excellent tips on neighborhoods to explore. I highly recommend this Inn. I can't imagine a more comfortable and better situated inn in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

How glad we were to see you again! I'm glad your time in Indy was productive and we look forward to seeing more of you as a neighbor! Leesa