All reviewsmass avebiscottib bscoffee shop next doornext morningclawfoot tubcommon spacecold beverageswithin walking distanceprivate bathroomperfect retreatentire housenational centerincredible staysitting areadaughter's weddingparking pass
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We prefer staying at B and Bs rather than impersonal hotels, and this one is a winner. Our room was large, clean, and comfortable. There were several lovely common areas, and free coffee, tea, soft drinks, water, and little treats (like homemade biscotti) were always available. The innkeeper Leesa was very welcoming and helpful, both by email in advance and while we were there, with dining and entertainment suggestions. The location couldn't be better--as others have said, the Massachusetts Avenue dining, shopping, and entertainment district is about a block away. Staying in a neighborhood was much nicer than staying in the big hotel district downtown. For us, downtown, the zoo, many interesting neighborhoods and all the walking/biking trails were within easy walking distance. The city has wonderful bicycling trails protected from vehicle traffic, and the Inn is ideally situated for bicyclists. The breakfast arrangement--on weekdays, guests are given passes to the next-door neighborhood coffee shop for breakfast, with the Inn's homemade breakfasts only available on weekends--had its good points. It was fun to hang out with the locals, you can go anytime you like, and the coffee was good. We would have liked to try the inn's breakfasts, though. We are making plans to return, and to be sure to include at least one weekend day in our visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and I'm so glad you liked Indy! You offer great info for others visiting the city . Feel free next time to bring your bikes (or we can arrange for you to rent them) and we can store them for you. We and Indy are looking forward to seeing you again! Leesa

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had never stayed in a B&B. Honestly, the idea of staying in a "stranger's" home seemed very odd to me. So when we decided to have a staff retreat at a B&B, I was a little worried what to expect. I'm glad to say that my first experience at the Nestle Inn was a great introduction to B&Bs. The owner was kind and very accommodating, the location is conveniently located, and the facility is clean and well appointed.

The location is near many interesting restaurants, shops, and within walking distance to downtown. The neighborhood seemed very safe, with an "off the beaten path" vibe that locals probably would like to keep that way. Next to the inn was a nice, conveniently located bistro (Henry's Coffee Bistro) which I will also try to review if it's on Tripadvisor.

The facility was very nicely decorated, very clean, and has numerous meeting areas. Two of us had the opportunity to stay in the top floor room that had just been opened up for guests. It was very spacious and offered many great features: a kitchen area, dining area, sitting area, flat panel TV with cable, nice bathroom with shower and separate tub, and a separate bedroom that can be closed off with two twin beds. Another great feature was the free wifi that was available to guests.

I'm more open to B&Bs now that I've stayed at the Nestle Inn. Although, should I have an opportunity to stay at one, the Nestle Inn has set a pretty high bar. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if the top floor room is available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I'm so glad you liked your first B&B experience and I appreciate the feedback on our new room 6. It really helps to know what is working or not working for our guests. We have tried to make our B&B experience a modern approach with privacy and individual service our hallmark...so, I'm so glad everything worked for you! Thanks again also for the marketing ideas and the retreat ideas as well! Leesa

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Nestle Inn for the second time, and was once again thrilled with my visit. The Inn provided a perfect "home base" from which to explore Indianapolis. It also provided a quiet space in which I could work. Not only was the room quiet and peaceful, but the Inn's library also provided a stimulating working space. Leesa and her staff made me feel warmly welcomed and offered excellent tips on neighborhoods to explore. I highly recommend this Inn. I can't imagine a more comfortable and better situated inn in Indianapolis.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

How glad we were to see you again! I'm glad your time in Indy was productive and we look forward to seeing more of you as a neighbor! Leesa

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I usually stay at a convenient big name hotel close to my place of work, but due to a convention of some type, everything was sold out. I found the Nestle Inn and decided to give it a try. What a wonderful break from the normal business grind. While privacy, access to internet, and quiet still allowed for me to work during the evenings, I enjoyed the proximity to a variety of restaurants and a part of the city I may not have ever known. This was during a snow storm as well. What a beautiful location to take in the snow. Leesa was friendly and accommodating, yet mindful of privacy. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gharbold
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thanks so much for trying us out. I'm glad you were pleased with your experience. I appreciated your feedback as a business traveller. We will be glad to see you again the next time you are in town. Thanks again. Leesa

Reviewed February 27, 2013

A friend and I stumbled onto Nestle while in for a weekend. It was an amazing experience! They are right in the theater district, within walking distance to shows, restaurants and stores. The rates were excellent for what you get, especially when compared to the traditional hotels in the downtown area. We had the 2 room suite on the second floor. It was very nicely decorated with a cast iron clawfoot tub. The entire house was very warm and cozy. There was a common area on our floor with a large sitting area, tea/coffee center, free soda and water, and even a fridge and microwave. On the main floor, there is a very nice, well-stocked library and sitting area, dining room (where breakfasts are served) as well as an antique piano in the landing area. The owner Leesa was very pleasant and helpful with directions, what to do, etc. The dessert samples left for us in the evening were a nice surprise too! Perfect getaway with friends, family, romantic or business. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent! There is no swimming pool or fitness center (don't know how to designate n/a).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mymemories
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

So glad you enjoyed the Inn. I really enjoyed your enthusiasm for our location and so glad you had a nice time in Indy. I enjoyed talking with you and I'm so glad you stayed with us. I hope to see you and your family at the Inn soon........we aren't that far from you! Leesa