All reviewsmass avebiscottib bscoffee shop next doornext morningclawfoot tubcommon spacewithin walking distancecold beveragesprivate bathroomperfect retreatentire housenational centerincredible stayquiet neighborhoodsitting areadaughter's wedding
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I loved staying here! When we arrived there were some delicious butter bars waiting:) The room we stayed in was quite large with a small bathroom. The decor was trendy. The TV was a bit small, but we spent most of our time walking on Mass Ave. You could easily walk downtown, and it's close to lots of restaurants. The breakfast delicious. Overall, it was well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My girlfriends and I threw a bridal shower here - it was absolutely wonderful!! We were welcomed by Leesa and little treats, a very artistic, comfortable decor, and a lovely setting for our intimate party. Leesa was so accommodating, friendly and helpful. The Inn was just precious and so close to fun restaurants and some nightlife. We had a delicious breakfast in the morning too. Parking was also very easy. A very delightful country meets urban experience. Would highly recommend it for friends or couple.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lauralzimmerman
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My 4 friends and I seek out a location to spend a girls overnight about this time every year. This year the Mass. Ave. area seemed to be the perfect choice. Perfect because it is close to home (never sure what the weather will be this time of year) and a nice choice of nearby restaurants and bars within walking distance. Upon arrival our host Leesa greeted us with freshly baked snacks, a fresh pot of coffee, and an array of various chilled beverages. The breakfast the next morning hit the spot with juice,coffee, a nice selection of fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls,yogurt, and a yummy egg casserole that was unlike anything I've ever tasted. Leesa was quick to make copies of the recipe for my friends who asked. The rooms were comfortable,clean, and roomy. We would definitely consider coming back.

Room Tip: Depending how many people you have per room, sleeper sofas are available in some rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rr8185
Reviewed October 10, 2011

*** Property under new management in Mid-September 2011 ***... so take that into account when reading reviews prior to October 2011. We stayed for three nights around the beginning of October.

We had a great time when we stayed here, and we would return if doing something in central Indiana. Being able to walk to so many great restaurants and entertainment options and then simply stroll back to the B&B at the end of the evening was exceptional. The property itself is very pretty - very striking in it's restoration and was very well kept and very clean.

We stayed in room 4, which was on the second level. I would choose that room again, after having gotten a peek at the other rooms.

The breakfast was above average. On the weekends, it's self service on the main level, with one hot dish (one day it was stuffed french toast, the other it was a ham, egg, and cheese open faced sandwich), some yogurt & granola, a few pastries, and some cut up fruit. Along with juice and Irish Creme flavored coffee. During the week, you walk next door to a nice little coffee shop and get whatever you want. You tell them you're staying next door and they swipe a special debit card behind the counter and it's "on the house".

As some have mentioned, parking is on the street, so you can't ever be quite sure where you'll find a spot, but there was only one time when we had any difficulty, and we were coming and going a couple of times per day.

We had to pay for our stay in advance via PayPal. There was another method also if you wanted to use a credit card, but I think it too was all in advance.

The service was courteous and responsive, though not what I'd call warm and friendly exactly. There wasn't much interaction with the hosts. As far as I could tell, there isn't any maid service during your stay - only between guests. I'm sure had we asked for anything (fresh towels, empty the garbage, etc.) the host would have happily provided it.

I wasn't disturbed by any street noise at night, though it's an "in the city" location, so there is certainly some traffic. I was awakened every night around 3am or so by a loud train whistle. No big deal - I went right back to sleep, but it was weird because the B&B isn't really located very close to any train tracks. Not sure where that train was but the engineer must be pretty ornery to be laying on that whistle so hard in the middle of the night.

As I said at the start - we'd stay here again. The location and property are really top notch!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bud4977
Innkeeper637, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for your feedback! So glad you enjoyed our location and property.
Glad you mentioned the parking as I am currently working on securing parking spaces close to the Inn to try and avoid the very issue you talk about. Although finding a spot to park is not difficult, I'd like to have some spots exclusive for our guests. Thanks for the feedback on the paypal payment as well. Sounds like I need to communicate better on this as we have several ways to secure a reservation and not all of them are to pay in advance. Again, thanks for the feedback........we learn from your experience and hope to see you again soon! Leesa Smith, Owner/Innkeeper

Reviewed July 5, 2011

What a find. Our 3rd. trip amd stay at the Nestle. Wonderful, inspirational decor, incredible breakfast fit for the "royals" and just a block over from Mass. Ave. which has everything. Great restaurants, bars, coffee lounges. Just walk over. I love this place!!! Stayed in room 3 and 5!

Room Tip: Room 3 or 5 are super!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business