“nothing impressive”

Ranked #3 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Indiana
“nothing impressive”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I guess you get what you pay for here...nothing extraordinarily impressive, but nothing outrageously horrible either.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Indianapolis
Reviewed March 6, 2009

The inn itself is beautiful and is in a great location in the Old North Side. The cleanliness was bad - we found someone else's hair (lots of it) in the whirlpool tub. The service was bad - we saw our host only once when checking in and I'm not sure he was all there. The bed was awful - we actually woke up in pain the next morning...I never expected the matress to be an antique. To top things off, there was some sort of bachelorette party going strong until 2:00 a.m. Being male, I'd never been to a bachelorette party before...I hope I never go to another one again. Next time my wife and I want a romantice evening out, we're going to the Conrad.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2009

My family rented the entire inn for a holiday family reunion. After months of planning every last detail of this trip we could not have been more pleased. The inn is very clean and well kept and the Innkeepers were extremely accommodating to our needs and requests. We especially enjoyed lounging in the living room sipping coffee as the innkeeper prepared us a very tasty breakfast each morning. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Realtripy
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This B&B is in a quiet little part of Indy and is close to The Villa Inn (one of their other properties). You will want to visit the Villa as they have a great little resturant and a wonderful spa, both of which we used when we were there.
This B&B was clean and comfortable and my wife and I loved it!!

• Liked — Other services provided by sister inn The Villa
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Inn on a motorcycle trip in early August 2007. Nice place, friendly owners who were very accomodating as we ran late arriving. We stayed in the Green Room, very nice room but the bathroom could use a fresh coat of paint. They recommended the Villa Inn (which they also own) for dinner within a 5 minute walk of the Looking Glass. After looking at their menu I was not too sure as the menu is very limited. I'm glad we went as it was some of the best food we've ever had. Breakfast was fantastic and Ben was also kind enough to share his recipie. We would stay here again.

dave

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed January 4, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Looking Glass Inn in July 2005 for 1 night to attend the F1 Grand Prix in Indianapolis. The owners also manage two other nearby Indianapolis properties, The Villa and the Stone Soup Inn.

The Looking Glass Inn is a nice B&B in a good area close to downtown. I have no complaints about the accommodations or service we received during my stay.

In fact, we were open to the prospect of returning for another stay, but this is where our problem occurred.

We decided to again attend the F1 race in Indianapolis in July 2006. We contacted the Looking Glass Inn in December 2005 (six months in advance) and made a reservation, received a confirmation email, and had a deposit charged to our credit card. Several weeks later we received a call indicating they were canceling our reservation because they were deeming the F1 weekend a special event weekend and were now requiring a 4-night minimum stay at rates higher than they publish on their website.

We were very upset by this because we had a reservation and had paid a deposit. The owner was not very apologetic. She did offer to contact other hotels for us in the area, but ultimately did not follow up with us leaving us without a place to stay.

I would encourage strong consideration before booking with any hotel or bed and breakfast that treats returning guests this way. I will not consider staying at the Looking Glass Inn again.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank DiverDrew
Cincinnati
Reviewed August 28, 2005

We went to Indianapolis to have a girls weekend away and go to the spa at Villa Inn. When calling the Villa Inn, they booked us at the Looking Glass because they had twin beds. When we arrived at the B&B, the bed was made up into a King and not two twins. The Innkeeper nicely gave us another room since the chamber maids had already left for the day and there was availability. I stayed in the Willow Room and my friend in the Rose Room. Both rooms were decorated beautifully and breakfast was terrific. We felt that the innkeeper went above and beyond the call of duty and exceeded our expectations. The neighborhood was nice and the inn was very clean. It is a great spot for couples.

• Stayed August 2005