Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
$161
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$145
  • Restaurant
All reviewspancake machinefront deskroom was cleanthe breakfast areahot tubwould definitely stay here againindoor poolfridge and microwavecheck in was easyfree breakfastyogurtbedsinterstatedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2014

As I am staying in Indiana for the weekend on a business trip, I have been enjoying the comfort of Holiday Inn Express. Not only are the rooms cozy and comfortable but the staff that is working the front desk and all around the hotel is pleasant. They are very willing to accommodate you with any requests that you may have and they are very efficient about keeping everything on track.

Not only is the comfort of this hotel enjoyable but the breakfast is also quite scrumptious. It is not your over-the-top cuisine that is at a 5-Star hotel, but it is a very enjoyable meal with a tidy eating and lounging area in the lobby.

If you are heading to Indianapolis for a race, meeting or just pleasure, I would recommend staying at this fine establishment.

Best wishes,

Shaun

Room Tip: The rooms that I have seen are all about the same, minus the fact that some of them have refrigerators. I would recommend getting one with a fridge.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Shaun M.

Thank you for your great review. We work hard every day to improve, we appreciate that you noticed. Our breakfast buffet was recently upgraded to include gluten free items as well as healthier choice items like turkey bacon and sausage. We hope when your travels bring you back to INDY you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel last weekend. Location was perfect, close to highway, restaurants, Speedway gas station, and Walmart. 10 minutes driving to downtown Indy. Got a room on the highway side, no problem at all with noise. 2 king beds were amazing, with a choice of soft and firm pillows. The room and bathroom were clean enough. Free parking and free breakfast were always appreciated. Wi-fi was very slow, could not do simple browsing. The AC unit was noisy and hard to adjust the temperature. Staffs were nice, especially the lady on breakfast area. The items for breakfast were average, no fruit but delicious pancake. Price was only $100/night from Holiday Inn website 2 weeks before arrival, lower than other nearby hotels. I requested for late check out at noon but a housekeeping lady knocked on the door at 11.30am asking when I will leave. She did apologize after I said I had a late check out. No problem for me, only small miscommunication between the staffs. I will come back whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear dwir888,

Thank you for the good review. We are one of the few acoustically engineered hotels in Indianapolis. For the most part it eliminates the road noise which is a consequence of being conveniently located on the Interstate System. We offer a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable rate. I will let our staff know you noticed. We hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast the next time your travels bring you into our area.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived we found a bag of food on the A/C unit behind the curtain. Makes you question if the room was cleaned. Other than that, our stay was great. Friendly staff, indoor pool, hot tub and a 24-hr gym. Definitely would reccomend. Plenty of places to eat and go. Right next to the highway was the only downfall because alot of road noise.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear Hclassick,
Thank you for your review and recommending our hotel. Our pool is one of the largest hotel pools and includes a waterfall. Our property is acoustically engineered and incorporates white noise to offset the highway traffic . Possibly the window may have been ajar. I do apologize that we missed the item hidden behind the curtain. We will work to do better.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed two nights. The hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent. The big problem is the interstate is very close and you hear the traffic almost all night long. We are both light sleepers and use earplugs and it was still noisy. If the road noise does not bother you then you will like this hotel. The breakfast is very good, but if the hotel is full like it was during our stay, they only have seating for 35 people so many had to take their meal back to their rooms or eat standing up. They defininitly need more seating for breakfast. The rooms are very large and come with 2 kingsize beds. As others have stated the internet speed is very slow. Only about 2MB. The shower does not have much water pressure. My wife could barely get the soap out of her hair. They need to remove the flow restrictors or replace them with some that allow a little more flow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far back from the interstate as you can get if you want the most quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Steve74017,

Thank you for your review. I will let the staff know you noticed their efforts. We are one of the newest hotels in Indianapolis and the owners have considered road noise during the construction. One of the features that sets us apart from other hotels is that we are acoustically engineered. We incorporate white noise based on traffic patterns. The windows are an integral part of the system and it sounds like your window may have been slightly opened. (Our windows are not designed to be opened). I will have maintenance verify that they are securely sealed. We are installing Fiber Optic internet but still have the final phase which is controlled by AT&T. I do apologize if download speeds are not adequate. We hope you will consider the Holiday Inn Express Southeast the next time your travels bring you to Indy.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I made a reservation for July 25 for 4 rooms in preparation for a family-get together whereas we were individually paying for rooms upon check-in. I was told that they have a policy of "puttting a ping" in the account on file. Being a regular traveller I was aware a pre-auth happens. According to their website I have until 6pm the day of arrival to worry about any holds. I know typically a hotel might put a pre-auth for the first night's stay rate if you are not checked in by the stated time.
Two days prior to arrival on July 23, they decided to put a hold in my account for the full amount and I learned about this when I checked my account and was told that I was to overdraw it. Upon logging in I learned that Holiday Inn held hundreds of dollars two days prior to check in. I expressed my discontent and cancelled the reservation and went to the Hilton Garden Inn. As of July 27 as I was checking in to my new hotel, the funds they had held was still not available to me. They told me that it was the bank's issue. If they had not held it for full amount two days prior this would not have happened. I had yet to call them again and demand it gets fixed. The manager (Kevin) was nice and polite-- it is their policy that stinks.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Amerasiangirl
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Amerasiangirl,

You were holding 4 rooms during a city-wide sold out event the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Some guests booked with a 30 day cancel, some with 14 cancel. We were showing 48hours on your reservations. We authorized your card per our agreement. Then you asked to cancel and we allowed you to cancel anyway. Our authorization was released immediately. Banks are in control of the release and we always offer to assist a guest that needs the funds released by sending a letter authorizing an immediate release. Most bank service centers are closed on the weekend.
You rated us a one in all categories but never walked through our door. The last time you stayed you gave us a very good review. “Two King-Sized Comfortable Beds, Clean Rooms”

That is what you would have gotten had you elected to keep your reservations.