Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #62 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Newburgh, Indiana
“Big hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived we found a bag of food on the A/C unit behind the curtain. Makes you question if the room was cleaned. Other than that, our stay was great. Friendly staff, indoor pool, hot tub and a 24-hr gym. Definitely would reccomend. Plenty of places to eat and go. Right next to the highway was the only downfall because alot of road noise.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Hclassick,
Thank you for your review and recommending our hotel. Our pool is one of the largest hotel pools and includes a waterfall. Our property is acoustically engineered and incorporates white noise to offset the highway traffic . Possibly the window may have been ajar. I do apologize that we missed the item hidden behind the curtain. We will work to do better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Claremore, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed two nights. The hotel is very clean and the staff is excellent. The big problem is the interstate is very close and you hear the traffic almost all night long. We are both light sleepers and use earplugs and it was still noisy. If the road noise does not bother you then you will like this hotel. The breakfast is very good, but if the hotel is full like it was during our stay, they only have seating for 35 people so many had to take their meal back to their rooms or eat standing up. They defininitly need more seating for breakfast. The rooms are very large and come with 2 kingsize beds. As others have stated the internet speed is very slow. Only about 2MB. The shower does not have much water pressure. My wife could barely get the soap out of her hair. They need to remove the flow restrictors or replace them with some that allow a little more flow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far back from the interstate as you can get if you want the most quiet rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Steve74017,

Thank you for your review. I will let the staff know you noticed their efforts. We are one of the newest hotels in Indianapolis and the owners have considered road noise during the construction. One of the features that sets us apart from other hotels is that we are acoustically engineered. We incorporate white noise based on traffic patterns. The windows are an integral part of the system and it sounds like your window may have been slightly opened. (Our windows are not designed to be opened). I will have maintenance verify that they are securely sealed. We are installing Fiber Optic internet but still have the final phase which is controlled by AT&T. I do apologize if download speeds are not adequate. We hope you will consider the Holiday Inn Express Southeast the next time your travels bring you to Indy.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I made a reservation for July 25 for 4 rooms in preparation for a family-get together whereas we were individually paying for rooms upon check-in. I was told that they have a policy of "puttting a ping" in the account on file. Being a regular traveller I was aware a pre-auth happens. According to their website I have until 6pm the day of arrival to worry about any holds. I know typically a hotel might put a pre-auth for the first night's stay rate if you are not checked in by the stated time.
Two days prior to arrival on July 23, they decided to put a hold in my account for the full amount and I learned about this when I checked my account and was told that I was to overdraw it. Upon logging in I learned that Holiday Inn held hundreds of dollars two days prior to check in. I expressed my discontent and cancelled the reservation and went to the Hilton Garden Inn. As of July 27 as I was checking in to my new hotel, the funds they had held was still not available to me. They told me that it was the bank's issue. If they had not held it for full amount two days prior this would not have happened. I had yet to call them again and demand it gets fixed. The manager (Kevin) was nice and polite-- it is their policy that stinks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Amerasiangirl
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Amerasiangirl,

You were holding 4 rooms during a city-wide sold out event the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Some guests booked with a 30 day cancel, some with 14 cancel. We were showing 48hours on your reservations. We authorized your card per our agreement. Then you asked to cancel and we allowed you to cancel anyway. Our authorization was released immediately. Banks are in control of the release and we always offer to assist a guest that needs the funds released by sending a letter authorizing an immediate release. Most bank service centers are closed on the weekend.
You rated us a one in all categories but never walked through our door. The last time you stayed you gave us a very good review. “Two King-Sized Comfortable Beds, Clean Rooms”

That is what you would have gotten had you elected to keep your reservations.
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. No bedbugs here! Very nice place. Comfortable and clean room. Very good complimentary breakfast. Will stay again if in the area. Front desk lady in the evening was super super nice. Advised us on a couple of killer restaurants.

Stayed July 2014
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Jimflow2012,

Thank you for the great review. Our position on TripAdvisor is a pretty competitive thing and I believe that was a competitor trashing our hotel. We do have a nice place and offer a clean and comfortable room. We recently upgraded our breakfast to include gluten free items as well as low fat proteins like turkey bacon (and yes we still have the real thing). I will let our staff know you appreciated their efforts and thoughts on dining options.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Everything about the place was excellent except for one thing. Mirrored door to the closet had a bad hinge on top and sometimes the door would come completely loose at the top. I forgot to tell them at checkout. Room 124 if you're reading this Holiday Inn people.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear rjohnson44,

Thank you for the excellent review. I am sorry you experienced our tricky door hinge. I will get maintenance on that right away. We generally have staff available to meet the needs of our guests, just let us know.

We hope the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This Hotel was refreshing very Modern, Staff was great and had knowledge about area
Told us about a nice Italian Restaurant a local spot. Rooms have 2 king size beds very comfy
and roomy. Easy access to interstate. Will stop on our way home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Ana ,

Thank you for your great review. We are one of the newest hotels on the south side with large and spacious rooms to accommodate our two king beds. While we do have most fast food options there are some really great locally owned shops that keep our guests coming back. We are glad you enjoyed, please stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Fort wayne
Reviewed July 10, 2014

There was bed bugs climbing all over our beds. When I took the lady at the desk up to our room the bug were climbing on the walls! Horrible experience! They have been avoiding my calls. And will only give me 20% off my room. 20% for my children being attacked my bugs!! We went here for my daughters birthday. Some birthday!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Sbstand
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Sbstand,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We believe that you have the wrong hotel. Your photo does not represent any furniture or material that we have at our property. We cannot identify you or your reservation. We have been sold out four nights this last week and have not had one complaint. We follow all guidelines in place by IHG and would never rent a room that is not in compliance. I handle guest relations and this is not familiar to me. I wish I could be more helpful.