“excellent place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #72 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights. It was amazing. Super clean, very friendly staff. Comfortable room. Clean and attractive on the outside as well. I would stay here anytime. It was just a quick, easy 6 minute drive to the downtown Indianapolis. Breakfast was good, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bisc and gravy

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Tmjm902,

Thank you for recognizing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast as an excellent place to stay. We work hard to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Our staff is eager to please. Since we are only 6 minutes from downtown we are an excellent choice for those who want to avoid the additional things that come with a downtown environment. We are glad you enjoyed our “Smart Start Breakfast”. Our pancake machine is a hit with the kids. We invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you through Indianapolis.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Magnificent is the word I would use to describe this great priced hotel! Two KING beds in every room is a huge plus! The rooms are super spacious, extremely clean and comfortable! Several bed pillows per bed and the mattress was great! The bathroom was large as well and very clean.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. A modern beauty!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dawnyney
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Dawnyney,
Thank you for the great review. Magnificent is high praise, we agree. We are the only hotel in the US with two king beds and 42” TVs in every room. There is plenty of room to spread out. On top of that our rooms are 150 square feet larger than other Holiday Inn Expresses. I will inform our housekeeping staff you noticed the cleanliness. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel back on May 2013 and I just can say that they have an outstanding staff.
When I was ready to board my plane at the airport I found out that I had left my cell phone at the hotel room, I called them and Jed Duvall from the Front Desk went to the room and found it. He then helped me to take it to the FedEx office and get it shipped back to Mexico. Thanks a lot for your great help!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Francisco S,

Thank you for the great review. I will let our staff member know that his efforts are appreciated. We are glad you selected the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. If you are like most, you have everything on your cell phone. Being from another country and separated from your phone must have been stressful. We are glad we were able to assist.

We hope the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis you will choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I met family in Indy for the weekend. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean with large rooms. There was a good selection of fast food at the end of the street. I also attended conferences in downtown Indy. The hotel was a good location without the cost of downtown prices or parking fees.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nettie L
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Nettie L,
Thank you for the great review. We are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you for noticing. The food selection around the hotel is diverse. I rarely have to go far to find something I like. We hope you enjoyed our “Smart Start Breakfast”. Our property is great for families. Our rooms are approximately 150 square feet larger than other Holiday Inn Expresses. We also are the only hotel in the US with two king beds in every room. Our location and the convenience to downtown makes our hotel a great choice. Many times a cab ride downtown is less than parking.

I will relay the message to our staff. Again, thank you for the great review.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Right off the expressway, restaurants nearby. Easy to get to downtown Indianapolis. Clean rooms with 2 king size beds. Enjoyed the pool and breakfast. Friendly and responsive Staff. Shower curtain smelled a little. Would go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear MarieH,

Thank you for your kind review. Our location on Interstates 465 and 74 is an easy chose for most destinations in Indianapolis. We are six minutes to downtown and fifteen to the airport. I65 is less than a mile away. Since we are on the interstate, our hotel is acoustically engineered to suppress any highway traffic noise that may be present.

We are glad you enjoyed the two king beds. We are the only hotel in the US to have two king beds and 42” HDTV’s in every room.. A clean and comfortable room is our goal. We are happy that you had the opportunity to enjoy our pool. It is a salt water pool which we find is easier to maintain and keep crystal clear.

I will let our staff know that you noticed their efforts. Our “Smart Start Breakfast” is enjoyed by most as there are many options. I will ask housekeeping to address the shower curtain, sometimes a new curtain can have an odor from manufacturing.

We welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A month ago, we went to the HIE in Santa Cruz and our stay was outstanding. It will be normal that I am comparing the 2 hotels a bit because of our recent stay in the same chain was so exceptional.
This time, it was not as great.
Yes, the 2 King size beds is awesome. The fridge and microwave are definitely a big plus and we really liked that.
But the room wasn't even close to be as clean as the other HIE. I understand that it's a much older hotel but there was a lot of stain on lamp shades and furniture. The bathroom wasn't as clean as a hotel should be (lot of dusts and stains in corners and in hard to reach spots).

The breakfast was our biggest disappointment. We were there pretty early, maybe an hour after the breakfast started and there was no fruits, the lady said that we ran out of them (we have 2 young kids and wanted fruits for them). We stayed 4 nights and only on our last morning was there bananas.
There was no meat with the eggs (at the other hotel, they were alternating bacon and sausage). There was only one breakfast attendant (on one of the busiest weekend of the year in Indy) so she was overworked and I felt bad asking for so many things (the milk was empty on multiple occasions). The garbage was over filled and it was very unattractive.
Finally, the vending machines were pretty bad. It either wouldn't take my money (because there was money stuck in it) or it would steal our money (BUT the front desk reimbursed us without a problem). The bottled waters were sold out for most of the nights we were there, we were running all over the hotel to try to find bottled water and it wasn't available. To me, that is unacceptable, to not have bottled water available for your guests.

Parking was fantastic. Lots of spots, well lit. Felt very safe.

Paige at the front desk was great. She helped me a lot and was very nice.

I'm sorry to say that we would probably not come back to this hotel, it was on the expensive side for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Chris and Gen 4,

Thank you for your detailed review. I looked at the website for the Santa Cruz hotel, it looks like an exceptional place and brand new. I also made note of their nightly rate which is almost twice ours even during the busiest times in Indianapolis. We are glad you enjoyed the two king size beds as we are the only hotel in the US to offer two king sized beds in every room. I will let our front desk associate know that her efforts were noticed. I will communicate with housekeeping, breakfast and our third party vendors that we have room to improve. We hope that you would consider staying with us the next time in Indianapolis. The week you were here was one of the busiest weeks of the entire year and we were sold out 4 nights. We appreciate your input and we will work to improve our product.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Wow! Never been in a hotel where the standard room was TWO King beds! Because of that the room was longer with plenty of room for the normal additions of chair, microwave, and refrig. The whole hotel is non-smoking so no need to worry about requesting a smoke free room. Beds and bath were great. Pricing moderate for what you get. Would stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Holy1two,

Thank you for the great review. The Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast is the only hotel in the world with two king beds and 42”HDTV’s in every room. We also have designed our rooms to be 150 square feet larger than other Holiday Inn Expresses. Our standard rooms have the refrigerator, microwave and in-room safe for which other hotels charge extra.

While the State of Indiana has recently moved to no smoking in all hotels, we have always been a no smoking facility. Our guests appreciate the difference. One thing you may not have noticed is that our property is acoustically engineered. This keeps the sounds from traffic to a minimum and allows you to enjoy the two king size beds with a good night’s sleep.

We hope you will consider the Holiday Inn Express Southeast the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.