“Great Staff”

Ranked #62 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
San Diego, California
“Great Staff”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I were driving across the country from upstate NY to So CA after her graduation. We wanted a decent hotel to get some rest. We had had a blow-out about 50 miles away so, we rode in on a doughnut tire-yes we had had the car serviced at the toyota dealer, a few days before the trip, and specifically asked them to check the tires!

The front desk clerk was extremely helpful in contacting the Wal-mart Tire department, across the street, to get information on hours, for us to buy new tires. (Everything closes in Indiana before 7 pm). She initiated the call and asked the questions I would have asked the store. We had arrived after 8:30 pm. I asked if we could keep our luggage there for an additional amount of time, the next day (after checkout), just in case the tires would take longer. The clerk added a note to the reservation and gave us extra time. Turns out all the tires were cracked! I had to replace the whole set!! But since I was the only tire customer at Wal Mart on an early Tuesday morning, at 7:45, it took them less than an hour!
Given the circumstances, I thought the clerk went out of her way to be extremely helpful. KUDOS!!!

Breakfast was good-a self-made dollar pancake machine was interesting!

Unfortunately our room was situated towards the highway and we heard the steady stream of traffic all night long. Bring earplugs! The room was very clean and beds were good.

Check out was easy and they have an ATM right next to the lobby desk.

Walmart and Lowe's are across the street. Several fast food eateries are within a long block.

Room Tip: Away from the highway! Or bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Assistant Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Beawade, Thank you for the wonderful review that you wrote about the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast! Since you have mentioned the Front Desk department, I will make sure that all of our employees are able to see your review. We are glad you enjoyed our " Smart Start Breakfast." As a new property we are the only hotel in the world to offer two king beds in most of our rooms along with 42" TVs. We hope when you travel you will include the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast in your plans.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean, staff was very friendly, the hotel was crowded because of the races but the staff were extremly helpful!Checking in and out was very easy. This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Indy. I have been attending the Indy race for the past 25 years. I am definately reserving my room here for next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel features two king size beds in every room and 42" TVs. We do our best to make you feel at home. Your visit was during the busiest weekend of the year and we were pleased that your experience here was positive. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Indianapolis.
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The lobby is very well decorated as are the rooms. Our room was spacious and clean with two king sized beds. The breakfast buffet was also good, but I was disappointed that there was no fruit option the second morning. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear LeahE1981,
Thank you for your kind review of our property during your recent stay. As a new property we are pleased to offer a unique setup with two king beds in every room along with 42" TVs. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Indianapolis. We will work to make your stay even better.
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Beautiful room with two King beds. The staff was very friendly. My only complaint was the extremely slow WiFi. The breakfast buffet was what you expect at a Holiday Inn Express, but even with a fairly busy morning, the breakfast selection was kept full and warm. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your visit at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. Being the only hotel in the U. S. with two king beds and 42" TVs in everyroom we can offer spacious accomodations and the comforts of home. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you on your future travels to Indianapolis.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I arrived in a saturday afternoon for a one night stay meeting up with friends. We had 6 children between us ages 4-12. The young lady at the front desk was polite, friendly and very helpful. The hotel is beautiful and CLEAN! I actually enjoyed the way the sheets smelled - HOTEL SHEETS! The pool area was clean and the pool was fantastic. The kids swam for hours and and had an absolute blast. There were several other families in the pool but there was plenty of room in th pool and in the seating area for parents. The hotel is very close to several food options and activities. The beds are HUGE and there was free breakfast. Inianapolis is the mid point between my friend's and my home and we meet up frequently with our famillies. I don't think we will stay anywhere else after this experience. I am very pleased with all aspects of this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Lori H,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. As the only hotel in the US with two king beds and 42 inch TVs in every room we can be a great option for families. We are happy you enjoyed our swimming pool and Smart Start Breakfast. We hope you will again select the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast when your travels bring you our way.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived on a bus with 30 youth and 10 adults for one night. The mgr insisted on holding up the line because of supposed prolems w/ my CC. (never had problems before). After checking in, many of us went to swim in the pool. Had to ask the Mgr to turn the lights on. Same with the Great room. Wouldnt turn on the lights until asked. Not very welcoming. The temp in the exersize room was 75 and the thermostat was locked. Called the front desk, Said they would 'see what they could do" nothing done. Our group had to leave at 7:15 Sat am. Our leader asked several times if they would open the breakfast before 7. Absolutely not. A little disapointed with the customer service attitude.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark S
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are always open to ways that we can improve our product. I want to thank you and your group for selecting the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. As the only hotel in the US with two king size beds and 42" TV in every room we feel we are a good fit for groups like yours. With more than 25 rooms and over 75 people in your group all arriving at once by bus to our lobby I was happy to greet you. As the Director of Sales, this is a beautiful sight. I apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable at check in, the card you presented did not have your name on it. But as the person who checked you in I know it could not have been more than 10 to 15 seconds of your time.

It is April in Indianapolis and the weather is constantly changing. The owners of the hotel have designed both our Great Room and Pool area with a wall that is nothing but windows. On a bright sunshine day it is easy to forget to turn on the lights. Our pool lights are to be on from 10:00 am to closing. When I got the request to adjust the temperature in the exercise room I personally went directly to the room and it was vacant. The temperature was 75 degrees with the heat turned on and set to 72. I converted the system to air conditioning and left the setting at 72. I personally thought it was comfortable. It is April 19th today and it snowed at 1:30pm so it is a challenge to keep all systems at the ultimate settings.

With a group of this size, we enter into agreements that spell out what is expected and what is offered and come to an agreement. Your group agreed to having our Smart Start Breakfast starting at 7:00am. We are pleased that we were able to feed your entire group at that time and still have you make it to your event. We hope that you will entrust us in the future with your group and as such we can arrange to have breakfast served at the time you designate. Please call on me if you have any additional needs or requests.
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I arrived mid afternoon for a 10 hour stay I was greeted by a freindly and helpul young lady...descent sized parking lot easy to get a semi into,ask for top floor that was not a problem, this is a fairly new facility...room was great ,standard HI Express..super clean comfy, great water pressure and hot water...nothing could have been better and the price was really great! this is where you will find me on my next stay when Im in the area..

Room Tip: top floor nice and quiet, great for a day sleeper..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank teamster175
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Teamster 175,

Thank you for your recent review and your support of the Holiday Inn Express Southeast. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we will forward your kind remarks to management. We hope the next time through you will select the Holiday Inn Express Southeast.