“We were Satisfied with our choice”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #62 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Regina, Canada
“We were Satisfied with our choice”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Came to Indianapolis on our summer vacation & seeing that this was our first time in the city, wanted something that was located in a good location.

This hotel was an easy commute into downtown Indianapolis. As well, it has some good food choices near by as well as a Super Walmart for any of your needs.

Another reason, we chose this hotel was the advertisement of being the only hotel that offered double king sized beds, we were curious. We had a double king sized room suite with a king sized pull out sofa bed. Perhaps because the beds were kings, the room could have had a bit more space for our family; but overall the size of the room was unimportant to us as we were interested in having a room that met our family's needs and that it was clean and this room did that even though for a newer hotel, the walls of the room were marked up badly.

Breakfast was the usual HI Express breakfast, it was hot and and met our family's appetites perfectly.

Overall, we were satisfied with our choice of hotel during our stay in Indianapolis.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear MOJO329,

I want to thank you for the time you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am glad to see that you had a good time at our hotel. You mentioned that you were "curious" about our "double king sized beds". All of our rooms come with this as a standard feature, and they also include a microwave, refrigerator and an in room safe. I hope that when you come back to Indianapolis, you call the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast so we can make your reservations.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Great Hotel! We arrived late from a long hour drive with two young-teen boys. The front desk girls was extremely helpful and kind. I believe their names was Nat and another young lady - they always had a smile and was very friendly (they were there all weekend long). We were impressed with the breakfast every morning - something hot and fresh! The boys loved the pool. The room was clean and very spacious! The king size beds were very very comfortable! The only complaint I would have is that we didn't spend enough time at the hotel. :) We are looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear BarnettBarb,

I want to thank you for the time that you took to review the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time here. As you mentioned, "the king size beds were very very comfortable". Each of our rooms do come with 2 King Size Beds, 42" TV, microwave, refrigerator, and in room safe. When you do decide to come back to Indianapolis, don't hesitate to give us a call at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast to make your reservations.

DAyton Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Our youth baseball team stayed here after leaving another hotel (due to bugs) and what a difference. This place was like a 5 star hotel in comparison. Our room had 2 king size beds and a huge flat screen tv. The rooms were spotless!!!!!! Apparently all the rooms here have the 2 king size beds and nice tv.... The breakfast was much better than expected... Only have 2 negatives to add: the pool closes at 10 and the night clerk was pretty unfriendly... Everything else was spectacular (my complaints are petty but its an honest review).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thirsty1
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Dear Thirsty1,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time. You are correct in your statement that "all the rooms here have 2 king size beds". Our rooms also feature a microwave, refrigerator and an in room safe. When you come back to Indianapolis for your next tournament, do not hesitate to call and book your rooms at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Management
Jasonville, Indiana
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We prepaid so even after reading several bad reviews, we had no choice but to stay here. We were on a little Spring Break outing. We stayed two nights. Unfortunately only one our beds got made for the second night. The maid refused to make a bed with our daughter's bag on it. So if you want your beds freshly made, make sure there is NOTHING left on them. Breakfast was okay-mainly prepackaged foods except eggs. The best part of the stay was the surprise charge when I received my credit card bill. The Executive Maid claimed we broke the ironing board so we were charged $25 to repair or replace it. I NEVER iron and neither do my kids or husband. We didn't even have it out. I guess I should be thankful we weren't charged to replace the toilet since it wouldn't flush during our stay. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank newherebuthere_11
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear newherebuthere_11,

I thank you for the time you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay.

Before our Housekeepers arrive, our Executive Housekeeper goes to each vacant room and checks them to ensure the cleaning standards are kept up. This includes checking the bathroom, the closet, the beds, the refrigerator and microwave. Upon checkout, these rooms are then inspected again. Anything that is inconsistent with our standards is then reported to the Front Desk.

Per Hotel Policy, Housekeepers are not permitted to enter a room with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Additionally, Housekeepers are not permitted to move personal items to clean the room. I do apologize for this.

I do hope that the next time you are in Indianapolis, you stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Our daughter is a volleyball player. Our team parent had contacted the hotel to block about 7-9 rooms in which we were given a discount of about $9 per night. The rooms were actually booked by each individual parent, however, when our daughter broke her foot leaving her unable to attend and I called to discuss the cancellation policy I was told that since we booked as a group they couldnt' do "anything about it". I stated that on the same day I was speaking with them I was able to book a room for the same dates and cancel them the following day without any cost. They again cited the "group policy". I asked if we could pay the additional $9 whole dollars per night if we could at least change the dates to a later time when would be able to travel after her break healed and were again told "no". I offered a statement from the physician and any medical documentation they might want and was told it wouldn't make any difference. They did offer to list it as a "no show" if we didn't show up for the first night and I told them of course we were not going to "show up" since her foot was broken and they were "gracious" enough to charge us for the first night. That no show thing would be offered to anyone, whether they had a valid reason or not. If someone can't use common sense and better business judgement than that, we don't need to use their facilities ever again. I will pass this on to our volleyball club which has teams that travel quite frequently and have locations in both Indiana and Kentucky. Hopefully, once each parent representatvie is notified of their response or lack thereof to one of our teams after a player has been injured past the point of playing, none of them will even call for pricing after this.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank cardinalgirl37
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Dear cardinalgirl37,

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do want to empathize and hope your daughter has a quick recovery. When a group inquires about blocking rooms, they are given a cancellation deadline based on the number of rooms that the group had originally asked for. Once this date has passed, there are no modifications or cancellations. While I understand that your daughter had a broken ankle, the group contract that was signed on behalf of your group clearly had a cancellation deadline that was before your call to the hotel. I do hope in the future you can give us the chance to show why we shine above the rest and stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Managment is rude and unhelpful!! Breakfast is a joke! Decor package very cold and uninviting. Can't think of anything good to say. Pool was dirty, carpet in breakfast area dirty, tables dirty. With everything I could see being dirty, made me wonder how clean the towels and sheets were. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank longtravelindy
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Dear longtravelindy,

Thank you for the taking the time to review our hotel. Reviewing your post, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Throughout the day, different departments are responsible for the upkeep of the hotel. For instance, the Breakfast department is responsible for the upkeep of the lobby and breakfast areas, and the Maintenance is responsible for making sure the pool is clean. We do this on a daily basis, so I am unsure as to why your post said everything was dirty. However, I would like for you to give the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast a chance to show that we shine above the rest by staying with us the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast
Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This was our first visit to Indy. Great location to visit zoo, children's museum, speedway, downtown. We required a pool for the kids to swim in plus a hot breakfast (my husband is celiac...so eggs are an easy option for him). We were very pleased with our selection. Great value at ~$100/night. Hotel opened in April 2008. It's clean. Good breakfast (kids loved the cinnamon rolls!). Easy to find...just off I-465. Great location (2 miles south has lots of restaurants to choose from). Very quiet. Loved the 2 king beds and big screen TV. Rooms are spacious. Nice to have both fridge and microwave. Only disappointment was that they advertised a manager's cocktail hour Mon-Thurs...apparently it's been cancelled in the last 6-8 months...but the signs and the book in the room still advertise it! OOPS! No newspapers at our room door, either (this was advertised too). All in all,though, a great stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear beckirb,

I want to thank you for the time you spent to review our hotel. I do want to inform you that we discontinued our Manager's Reception in late February. We do, however, appreciate comments that tell us that people have looked forward to that, and because of that, we are looking at resuming our Reception in the future.

I appreciate the positive comments that you have left. You mentioned that we have "2 king beds and big screen TV ... both fridge and microwave." This is standard in every room at our hotel.

I would like to thank you once more, and in the future when coming back to Indianapolis, do not hesitate to call us so we can make your reservation

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast