“I would give it a 10 if I could”

Caplinger's Fresh Catch
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #2 of 148 Quick Bites in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: We are a family friendly atmosphere. Limited seating, outdoor seating weather permitting. Very affordable fish and seafood fare. From sandwiches to po/boys,homemade sides,sauces and desserts. Fresh baked buns and rolls for every sandwich. Voted #1 Restaurant in The State of Indiana three different times. Come see what everyone is talking about. Caplinger's Fresh Catch open Tuesday-Saturday. We also have a full, gourmet Fish Market with fresh fish being delivered daily. Call for special orders
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here many time, always fresh, always good!! I have never personally eaten at any fish restaurant that has fresher fish than here. Get the special dinner it is out of this world for $11.00 you will say why have I been spend $45-$75 for a good fish dinner when I can come here!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank gregdK4277SC
Write a reviewReviews (331)

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Caplinger’s. My husband got the
Caplinger’s Special fish dinner and I got the crab cakes. For me the crab cakes were a little dry and over cooked his fish was excellent. Our food was fresh and hot. The sides were good also. The wait staff was helpful and friendly. Would definitely return!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Friends entertained us for dinner while visiting Indy and surprised us with HUGE scallops that were absolutely perfectly fresh. All it took was a little olive oil, salt and pepper. PEFECT.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

The fresh fish is wonderful. The way it is cooked to order and seasoned well is great. The Cajun dishes are all well prepared.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Great place. No frills--a strip mall eatery where you order your food at the register and then go get your plastic cutlery and napkins and find a table. Did I mention that food is served on disposable plates? So, do not go there expecting fancy decor or mood lighting. Basically, what you see is what you get. And what you get is terrifically fresh and varied seafood at a reasonable price. Had soft shell crab, which I had not had since my last visit to Maryland many years ago. Very tasty. The other members of our party were likewise pleased with their seafood selections. The staff was welcoming and freely dispensed worthwhile advice concerning the menu. Plan on returning soon. (Plus, I have a coupon.) See you soon.

Date of visit: September 2018