Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
JW Marriott Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewslucas oil stadiumstove topcolts gamefull size refrigeratorliving roomclose to downtownshort walkspent one nightwould stay here againeach morningvictory fieldbusiness tripshuttle servicefresh fruitthree nightshome away from homecoffee maker
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My husband and his friends stay at this hotel when GenCon comes to Indianapolis and he was always satisfied with it. When I found out that the Titanic exhibit would be coming to the Indiana State Museum around the time of our first anniversary, because of my husband's recommendations and past experiences with this hotel, we immediately booked a room for one night.

When we arrived, I was surprised at how nice the lobby looked. It was very well decorated and furnished. Our room was beautiful (although we didn't get the view of the stadium--perfectly okay anyway!) and although somewhat smallish, perfect for two people. We had a kitchenette, complete with sinks, a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. I don't recall there being a stove, but I'm not sure if they were supplied in the smaller rooms.

My husband and I also made good use of the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was set for a relaxing temperature. The facilities were clean and well-stocked with towels.

The bed was quite nice and comfortable. I'm not one to sleep well in strange places, so I woke up somewhat often, but it was no fault of the quality of the bed. (Just a personal side note--I really enjoyed the style of the bedspread!)

Also, the hotel is a great walking distance away from the stadium, Convention Center, the Indiana State Museum and the White River State Park. Even though we had checked out by eleven, we had tickets to the Titanic exhibit at noon but didn't want to have to drive there and pay for parking. The hotel staff was kind enough to let us leave our car in the parking lot while we were at the museum.

It was an overall great experience and would definitely book a night at this hotel again if the occasion arises!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel to go to a Pacers game. I prepaid to get a lower rate. When we arrived we were charged an extra $10 for parking. No where on their website does it say they will charge for parking. The walk to and from the Conseco Center was quite far! We didn't feel safe walking because of many dark alleys along the way. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast bar was really bare by 8:30am even though they were suppose to be serving until 9:30am. The location would be perfect for a Colts game but too far of a walk for the Conseco Center late at night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BJStravels
Reviewed December 16, 2010

I spent about nine weeks at this location. The Management and staff continually showed excellent customer service and concern for the guests. I would with good conscience recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pdt1973
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Me and my family went to a Colts game in Indianapolisfor Chrismas. Our hotel had EVERYTHING that we would need. Theyhad a stove, dishes, kitchen sink, FULL sized fridge, controlled heat, a phone, Blu-ray DVD player, flat-screen TV, two queen sized beds and a "living room" and a "bedroom". The hotel is about four or five blocks away from Lucas Oil Stadium. Our stay was wonderful and we would absolutely go back again.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I are huge Colts fans from NJ. For our third anniversary, we decided to see a Colts game and make our way to Indianapolis. For once I wante to be surrounded by COLTS fans, and not attacked by other fans! I am the kind of person that checks trip advisor and other hotel reviews constantly leading up to the trip and I have to say that I was MORE than pleased with this hotel. We were pleasantly welcomed and our room was facing the stadium. Pictures don't give justice as to how close you really are to the stadium. Our room was a queen bed studio and it was great! It's so convenient to have a kitchen in the room, even when you think you won't need it. There is a little bit of construction going on around town since the stadium is hosting the Super Bowl in 2012, but it wasn't too bad. We didn't rent a car, so we took the Go Indy Shuttle for $7 each way and it stopped right outside our hotel and runs every 20 minutes! You are just slightly displaced from central downtown, but I really thought it would be worse than it was. It was just about 3 blocks away from the hustle and bustle of downtown (which is nothing to someone who is used to NYC). Come gameday, ANYONE would love to be in our position and have our hotel that close. We practically walked out of the stadium, across the street, and we were back. It was so fun to see everyone up bright and early setting up tailgates and such! We never get to see Colts tailgating back in Jersey. Overall, the hotel was AMAZING. Location was great and staff was great. They have a hot breakfast every morning and it was delicious. They also have a wonderful indoor swimming pool, fitness center, and a home movie theatre (which was great when you came back from the game...we saw ppl in there watching game highlights). I plan on comming to Indy every year now for a game and I wouldn't say anywhere else!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple