“Great Hotel! A Gem!”

Ranked #40 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Great Hotel! A Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

My boyfriend and I just returned from our trip to Indianapolis to see the "Manning Bowl". What a great hotel! Everyone was so nice and accommodating. Check in was a breeze. It is clean, spacious and very inviting. They have a small theatre screening room with big comfy leather chairs. Perfect to watch the game highlights or sit back and watch a movie. They also have a pool. I did not use it, but it looked very nice and it stays open until 11pm!
Our room was perfect for our needs. It was a studio and was quite spacious. the kitchenette is a nice touch. It allowed us to keep some beverages in the refrigerator and heat up our leftovers from our terrific dinner from the nite before.
The shower was one of the best in my opinion. We both took extra long showers...the water pressure was perfect and the shower has the extended shower rod so you don't feel cramped while showering.
If you attending a game at Lucas Oil Stadium...this is def the hotel. It is directly across the street and they allow tailgating in their parking lot! What could be better? The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the city center, where there are tons of restaurants and a huge mall.
If you are not renting a car, i suggest you take the local shuttle to and from the airport. It's called the "Greenline Shuttle". This only costs $7 per person as opposed to paying roughly $40 by taxi. The shuttle drops you off directly across the street from the hotel and runs about every 20 min. I highly recommend this. Will save you $$ as well as get a little tour of center city, as the Staybridge is the last stop. Good news is, on the way back to the airport, it's only a 10-15 min ride!
All in all this was a great hotel, and I will def. come back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meld2323

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

The free food and beverages helped me save money. The staff was friendly and fun to be around.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
North, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Was here for a whole week during a convention could not have asked for a better place or value, rooms were spacious and clean, staff was friendly knowedeable of their city, and attentive, breakfast was good and nutrious, shuttle service was excellant.
Used the pool the laundry and the office center all were excellant. I just can't say enough good about this place.
Must make special mention of Skip , and Judy who frequently drove the shuttle , and evening clerk Katie who was always very helpful.
The shuttle drivers managed to find us even when we wern't sure where we were.
This is a great place and I will look for a staybridge every where I go.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
crawfordsvile in
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

I booked this room for two reasons: #1: They said they had smoking rooms (which are VERY difficult to come by in Indy) and #2: It is walking distance to White River State Park where my friend and I were to attend a concert. Some time ago I booked a room through Hotels.com which was supposed to be "smoking", only to be told upon arrival that it was a total non-smoking facility, so I was extrememly pleased to find ashtrays in our rooms. My only regret was that we only were able to stay one night; the suite was lovely; two flat screen TV's, full kitchen with everything one would need to cook meals (which we didn't have time to use) and the bathroom was very nice. Everything was extremely clean (I couldn't even tell we were on the "smoking" floor"), comfortable and the staff was gracious. We did take advantaqge of the free breakfast, and is was fine as those go- enough to get us going on our way. Parking was also very convenient and I felt safe the entire time- unlike other stays in Indianapolis. (I'm a country girl). The indoor pool looked nice though we didn't have time to use it.

Bradford, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed at the city center location for the Drum Corps International finals at Lucas OIl Stadium for three nights

The location cannot be topped in that it is an easy walk across the street to the stadium Parking was adequate and reasonable.

Room quality was supurb. the room came with a kitchenette with full size referigerator., built in microave and dishwasher. It also came with all the china and utensils to prepare a full meal , if desired.

Room came with two flat screen tv's with HD service, one with a DVD . Sitting room had a pull out sofabed . bedroom had an extremely comfy king bed. Room was immaculately clean.

A free breakfast was provided, and was far better than your average continental fare. there was meat and potatoes every day . fresh coffee and juices as well as the usual bagels and donuts .

Checkin was effortless and the staff was friendly and helpful

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

At first glance this hotel was very nice looking although it is around a very industrial part of the very south point of the city. Upon check in the desk staff told me that for some reason my reservation did not go through on my credit card and that they would have to charge me the normal room price which is $30 more a night compared to the early booking price. After telling them that this was impossible they said they would take it down but still not as low as the price for early booking. When stating I would not stay for that price, they finally said they would take care of it for me and reduce it to what it was supposed to be, but that next time "I should call to make sure everything is okay". Like I'm supposed to know THEY had an issue with my credit card? After checking in we got to see the room and it was very nice and roomy. The bed was very comfortable and the suite like room is a lot nicer than an average hotel. We did have some bugs/ants in the bathroom, and the blanket smelled not very clean. The breakfast in the morning is okay; Average consiting of egg substitute ,sausage, toast and other small items. I did not appriciate having to pay $10 a night to park and then having to park my car down the street in a parking garage becuase the back lot was full. I was woken up several times in the night to people screaming and yelling in the middle of the night in a surrounding room as well as the very loud fridge kicking on. As we walked in to our room one night from the parking garage down the street, there was a very large group loitering and horseplaying in the drop off zone/ main entrance of the hotel while the desk staff sat outside, smoked and watched them be disruptive. It was a nice hotel, and I am very dissapointed to have had such a horrible experience there with staff and other things lacking. I went to school in Indianpolis and come down often to visit friends, but unfortunatly we will NOT be staying here again. Althought it was a good value in comparrasion to other hotels in the down town area, the reasons are shown by the time you leave your stay here.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Will definately stay here again when I return to Indianapolis. The rooms are spacious, modern and very clean and I enjoyed having the full size microwave and refrigerator. An exellent breakfast is provided in the morning and the breakfast room was the perfect place for my family to gather later in the day to visit. The location could not be better...near the interstate, walking distance to downtown and across the street from the new Colts football stadium. I must also comment on the great service we received from the staff - all were very helpful and accommodating. If you have any down time the Home Theatre room is worth checking out!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Iowa02
DoraHotels, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your comments! We really appreciate your stay. Our extra spacious rooms with full kitchens are great for short or long stays. We hope you stay with us again the next time you visit Indianapolis!