“Very nice hotel!”

Ranked #41 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Sarasota, Florida
“Very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hotel is near the Luca Oil Stadium and the Convention Center. A number of places to eat within walking distance. All an indoor mall close by.

The front desk people are very nice, friendly and helpful.

The facilities are A+. The room was spacious with an nice kitchenette including full size refrigerator and dishwasher. Great layout with a separate rom for the bedroom. The quality was second to none. King size bed was quite comfortable.

They also have a free laundry room. The pool was inside and also very nice.

Breakfast was much better than most hotels. They even served pizza and hamburgers and hot dogs Tues - Thursday evenings.

The only down-side was housekeeping. I stayed a week and our bed was only made 2 times (as well as garbage emptied and toiletries resupplied). Not impressed with that!!!

Had it not been for housekeeping i would give them a perfect score! I let them know how I felt so I hope they do something about it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback. We here at Staybridge really do appreciate it as it helps us better future stay guests. As for the housekeeping, we are an extended stay property and for guests that stay for 7+ nights we is called a light touch housekeeping (change of towels, trash, and make the beds) Mon-Friday with a full clean once a week with service on the weekends by request only. We do have a sign in the room just so guests are aware, however it does tend to get a bit confusing for guests who are not used to "extended stay" properties. It's meant to keep pricing low for guests. I do apologize that you did not know this information prior to arriving at Staybridge. I hope this does not deter you from staying at our brand in the future. If you do decide to stay with us again, however, we can add a note to your reservation so you get full housekeeping each day. =) Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Phenomenal service is the first priority for me in choosing a hotel, and the staff here at Staybridge Suites Indy brings the term service to a whole new level. The front desk was very accommodating and professionally courteous! Our stay was a quick one-night, we were working at the INDY 500 and had a dinner to go to. Timing required a hotel, and this was just such a lucky find! The social hour was NICE. I enjoyed a glass of wine in a relaxed atmosphere before our hectic schedule resumed. The location is fantastic and the rooms were beyond great! Clean, cozy, comfortable, and the kitchenette was such a nice bonus! I can't wait to stay here again in November! My husband and I have a "Staycation" once a year, and this is now our favorite location. Thank you for everything! You are superb!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieCN
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We here at Staybridge TRULY do appreciate it. We were pretty busy during that time, so I'm so glad you were here and got to enjoy all of our great amenities. Look forward to seeing you again in November! =)
Norton Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Location is absolutely fantastic! My wife and I stayed here for the Indy Mini-Marathon and was a short 5 minute walk to the starting line and convention center.

Rooms were overbooked and got upgraded to a double suite, only needed one room for the two of us. It was a great place to stay and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during the mini marathon. We always enjoy having all the runners here due to us being so close to the starting line. Look forward to seeing you again next year! =)
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was in Indy for business... decided on the Staybridge. First reason was kitchenette, then on to continental breakfast and last was social hour. I think the best was the social hour. Tuesday through Thursday down in lobby is social hour where they serve food, beer and wine, along with soft drinks. Staff was truly exceptional, would stay there again. My travel partner stayed at another hotel and I think I got the better deal. Right across the street from Lucas Oil, walking distance to downtown... A++++++

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff, we truly do appreciate your feedback as it helps future guests with choosing a great hotel. Come back and see us again soon! :)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went on this property's web site to book a room. I got it all set up and the room averaged $202 a night. I was ready to book, but figured I'd check TripAdvisor first just to make sure it wasn't a dump. On Trip Advisor there was a link to Travelocity which I happened to click on, put in my dates and low and behold the room was $143 per night. Remembering that I saw a price guarantee on their website (if you find a lower price online, they give you a night free), I figured I'd call them to find out what the deal was. I was on my cell phone, so the minutes are clearly visible. At the 5 minute mark the representative confirmed that their site had a higher price and said she would transfer me to a manager to figure it out. So I get put on hold at around the 6 minute mark...at the 31 minute mark of being on hold with no one answering, checking back, or even elevator music, I used my son's phone to call them back. At this point I started thinking they realized the error and corrected it, so I took a screen shot of the Travelocity page showing the difference in prices. The next person who answered the phone was extremely nice but could do nothing. She told me the people I needed to talk to had left 25 minutes prior to me placing the call to her, meaning they were certainly open the first time I called.

I have never been treated so poorly by a company in my life. I work in research and I can tell you horror stories people have had with companies and now I find myself in the same boat. Thank you Staybridge for your guarantee and your EXTREMELY frustrating and underhanded process you put customers through. I REALLY wanted to stay here, but I don't think I can ever stay somewhere where they treat you so poorly. I've never been a masochist and I'm not about to start. If anyone would like a screenshot to verify what I'm saying, just ask and I'll send it to you.

Stay away from this hotel unless you really don't care how you will be treated. And if you ever do find a better rate online, book it, do NOT bother with contacting the hotel. They will only put you on hold indefinitely and get their price out of you in the end. An odd guarantee really, isn't it?

Room Tip: If you see a better deal, book it. Don't bother communicating with the property.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Relax_its_a_vacation
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while booking your reservation. Surely you should not have been put on hold for that long, that is inexcusable. I do have some questions for you if you could please call me at your earliest conveniece 317-536-7500. I also want to verify how the "find a lower price, get a night free" works. There are rules and stipulations on it. #1, the reservation has to be booked on our site, which guarantees you a room. #2: it has to be for the same room type, property, and have the same cancellation rules on each reservation. #3 it has to be within 24 hours of you making the reservation. With that being said, when you go onto sites such as Travelocity, Travelweb, Expedia, Travel Today, etc., these are all prepaid reservations. What that means is you get it for a lower price, which does not guarantee room type also, you cannot change or cancel the reservation, however when booking through our site at a higher price and you are guaranteed your room type, regular cancellation applies and you can change/cancel it if you want/need to. Each reservation you were looking at had different rules/cancellation policies and it was not actually booked through our site, so it would not have applied for this I hope this has answered your question and once again I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced. Please call me to further discuss your initial call. 317-536-7500 and ask for Nichole Flett
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really liked this hotel. Check in and check out were easy, with no line. My room was quite large for one person and very well laid out, which made it seem even bigger. I hadn't realized there would be a fully equipped kitchenette, which really came in handy. Add to that a sitting area, a large desk, a very comfortable bed, and a roomy dressing/sink/bathroom area, and I was very pleased. My room was on the top (8th) floor facing the back of the hotel, and it was extremely quiet. The breakfast was pretty standard but with some nice details like fruit, Tazo tea, and salsa for the eggs. Everything was spotless and well kept. I used the business center to print some documents--very handy. And the free in-room Wi-Fi worked like a charm. A $10 airport shuttle stops right outside the hotel. Overall, the perfect stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel are very quiet, at least on the upper floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
chicago, il
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

First off I had requested a two bedroom suite with one king size bed and two double beds. The first room they give us had one king and one queen. Went back to front desk and was given what I had requested. Didn't like the fact that after a certain time there is no one on duty to handle emergencies. The dishes in the cupboard were not very clean, the toilet in one of the bathrooms over flowed. The free meals didn't look good and the so called shop for purchasing snacks was not appealing. The mattress pad on the let out sofa bed was soiled and there were not enough towels or face towels and had to go down to front desk to get more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chicago_IlWoo_woo60
Nichole F, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I'm so sorry that your room type you requested online was not the same when you came to the hotel. When reservations are made online (or not directly with the hotel) sometimes the reservations do not come to the hotel with the "exact" specifications as online, which is why we upgraded you to the larger room without hassle. We also do have someone on at all times to handle emergencies here at the building, however they may have been assisting another guest when you were needing them and I truly apologize that. In the future we will look into having more staff when it is busier at the hotel so we are able to assist more guests. Clearly we did not live up to the expectations you were expecting and I'd really like to get the chance to make this right. Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest convenience. 317-536-7500