“Less than friendly staff, limited housekeeping”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
Ranked #45 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This Staybridge is newer across from Lucas Oil Stadium. The rooms are nice, kitchens modern with granite countertops. Beds are comfortable, nice bathrooms. Our main complaint was with the staff at the front desk - our cousins were checking in the day after we did and arrived at the desk at 2:50 pm. They were informed that check in was at 3:00 pm and that they would have to wait 10 minutes! How silly...after pressing the clerk they were checked in at 2:50 pm! Also, we requested the "light housekeeping" on a Saturday, which normally has no housekeeping service. They didn't come, and even if they did they don't make the bed...just provide clean towels. This is truly "limited service". The pool, jacuzzi, and BBQ areas were fine. Our biggest problems were with the unfriendly staff. Will not be staying here again...there are better options downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear jimmythec1,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your experience with us. I am pleased you liked your room accommodations. I am sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to continually monitor and improve the service and quality we offer.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have stayed at this Staybridge many times and there is no place else I'd rather stay when we are in Indianapolis! We travel with our grandson, a toddler, and the staff goes out of their way to make us feel comfortable and "at home". The rooms are spacious and clean with plenty of storage for your stay. There is a nice theater room that is great for watching special events or a movie with friends and a complimentary laundry room. We frequently use the grill on the patio and enjoy that 'touch of home'. Hot breakfast in the mornings with plenty of choices starts the day off great and the Manager's Social on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings is a great way to meet others staying at the hotel as you enjoy the food, beer and wine offered by the hotel. GM Greg Eslick seems to be on hand all the time and if not, Kate, Nichole, Dean or any other staff member will always have a ready smile and helpful information. Conveniently located downtown and an easy walk to many attractions or just a short drive to others.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the rear of the hotel so there is less traffic noise. Even numbered rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Rooms are smaller than most Staybridges suites. Friendly staff, clean hotel. Complimentary breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. I was there on a Monday so I didn't gert an opportunity to attend the manager's reception.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Felicia B
"I was very impressed" my husband and I truly enjoyed our stay at Staybridge, our room had the double bed, sitting room and kitchen, it was very clean, the hotel personnel was excellent, they were personable, and eager to assist with directions and provide knowledge of the area. That downtown is so beautiful, and Staybridge is in a perfect location where you are very close to the heart of things yet far enough for that quiet calm environment. The "Colts" Lucas Oil stadium is directly behind the hotel. It was so awesome to have "FREE" wifi and the breakfast was hot and the evening snacks of hamburgers, or pizza, salad etc was very good lets not forget the wine, beer, soft drinks and juice. The theatre room was nice, the laundry room was efficient and clean, I wish the pools deepend was a little deeper.I was scheduled to stay in a 4 star hotel in middle of the downtown, I am "so very happy" I chose the Staybridge I got so much more for my money. This was more than a hotel room with the fluff, and no extras (such as a hot meal etc.)
I am returning to Indianapolis and I will stay at the Staybridge Hotel........Thanks Staybridge for emphasizing what a hotel stay should be. "Staybridge gave value to my dollars"!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here recently and was happy with the stay. I have stayed at other Staybridge properties as well. This one was very clean. I had a studio this time and was happy with the space. The hotel personnel was friendly and helpful. The wifi was strong, breakfast ok. Very convenient to lots of things downtown. Definitely would stay here again.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was very pleasant to stay somewhere where the items that other hotels charge for, especially this close to downtown, we're all included in the room rate such as breakfast, WIFI, parking, local and toll-free calls, etc. I wanted to stay in a 4 star but all the rooms in my targeted hotels were full and I admit that I wasn't looking forward to my stay at Staybridge. I was very pleasantly surprised at the standard of the hotel, especially the size of the suite and the quality of the upkeep and amenities as well as the friendliness of the front desk staff who couldn't do enough to help.
This hotel would be a good option when returning with my family and I will look out for Staybridge in other locations.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed here during a recent convention and was not dissapointed. My suite was immaculate and well appointed with a full kitchen. I really liked the ice maker in the fridge. It was very nice having a separate bedroom. The breakfast was very good and the evening snacks and drinks were much appreciated. The staff at this propery are very friendly and eager to help. You do pay for parking ($12/day) which I suppose is not too bad in comparison to other hotels. I would not hesitate to stay again at this Staybridge Suites when next in downtown Indianapolis.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business