“Poor food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Corner of Delaware and Ohio
Transit: There are numerous IndyGo bus stops on all streets surrounding us. Please see www.indygo.net/routes.htm for bus schedules.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Been twice for dinner with two different crowds and food was underwhelming both times. Even the Sangria was average.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the unique options offered here for brunch. First your order is taken for a choice of 4 options for a prepared "entree": spanish eggs Benedict (Chorizo instead of Canadian Bacon), an omelet, Tres Leches French toast, or the board special (chocolate chip pancakes when we were there). Then you head for the buffet while they prepare your choice. When we dined there the buffet included items you might expect (salads, roast pork, pasta, etc) but also offered more unique items such as goat cheese in red pepper sauce and Spanish regional specialties. At first glance the buffet area appears small and the plates used are saucer sized. But there are enough interesting things to try that even takng very small portions, I filled up quickly. But of course you should save room for the Tres Leches cake on the dessert buffet.
The decor is colorful Mediterranean. I could have done without the TVs broadcasting a football game but thankfully the sound was kept low. There was some confusion regarding who was servicng what table but once they figured that out our server did a good job of taking care of us, refilling drinks, etc.
This restaurant definitely makes my list for a top brunch option in Indy.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

During a recent trip to Indianapolis, I was looking for an interesting, downtown restaurant serving food that was different from most of the restaurants I frequent. While searching the "Where's Indianapolis" traveler's guide, I located Barcelona Tapas, a restaurant that featured Spanish Tapas. In reviewing TripAdvisor ratings, I found the restaurant to be highly rated and decided to go there for dinner.
The restaurant is located in Central Indianapolis and near many attractions, including Monument Circle (a spectacular site when all lite up for the Holiday Season), the State Capitol, and the Indiana History Center. It is in a large, elongated room with a long bar and features a Spanish decorating theme.
Barcelona Tapas serves a variety of beverages, including a great tasting sangria that is the perfect addition to any meal at the restaurant. The menu includes several soups and salads to select from, and lots and lots of tapas. Finally, comes their "Postres" (Desserts). Included on their list of seven desserts is the restaurant's famous "Tres Leche Cake," richly topped with cream and carmel.
My wife and I each ordered a bowl of soup, shared a salad and several tapas, and then concluded dinner by sharing a huge piece of "Tres Leche Cake" that we almost finished. Because I seldom find Serrano Ham in restaurants, one of the tapas we ordered was the "Chicken and Serrano Ham Croquettes." The croquettes turned out to be a different and delicious treat for us.
Throughout the meal, Joanna, our waitress, was very attentative to our needs and most helpful in assisting us select items from the menu. Our experience at Barcelona Tapas was a most pleasant one and similar to that of other diners who had posted reviews on TripAdvisor. For anyone seeking a dining experience featuring Spanish Tapas, I highly recommend going to Barcelona Tapas for lunch (buffet available) or dinner.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stopped here after our afternoon at the Indiana History Center. We generally split our entrees these days due to the generous portions that are served, so tapas are a great way to sample more than one thing without feeling stuffed.
The sangria was just the right blend to accompany everything we ate. And we enjoyed quite a wide variety of food!
We started with a split portion of the black bean soup, which the kitchen handled without a problem. Our server suggested the warm garlic bread, and we were glad she did, as it was addictive. It was a cold day, so the soup, especially, was comforting, flavorful and WARM! We split the spinach and goat cheese salad next -- yum! It was a great contrast to the warm soup, and there was enough bread to accompany both the soup and salad. We tried the chicken and Serrano ham croquettes with the cumin alioli. I had my doubts when my husband suggested these, but doubts disappeared fast upon tasting! I enjoyed the sublte flavors and different textures with each bite -- a real treat for the palette! (I never thought I'd say such a thing about croquettes!)
Since we were on a roll, we finished up with the tres leches cake. Rich, sinful, and oh-so-good... all you could ask for in a dessert. We couldn't finish it, as it was quite a generous piece, even for two.
Our server was terrific -- lots of fun and very upbeat. We appreciated the casual, pleasant atmospere -- all in all, a wonderful treasure of a restaurant!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stopped in for dinner and was generally happy. Good Sangria, delicious goat cheese and tomato sauce, dessert very tasty. Shrimp was abut bland, and lamb chops pretty good